Jake Vincent - Sad sad song (Would it be dub step ?)

Would definitely love to have feedback on this track !

Sad sad song - Jake Vincent

Feedback is really important to all of us ! I’ll try for my part to give the best and CONSTRUCTIVE feedback on the track I think my opinion worth it !

Cheer !

Hey hey just heard your tune!

My pluses for this one are:

• Melodically it’s great and it doesn’t bore which is a great point!
  • Nice drum sounds, well EQ’d and mixed up nice.
  • Nice choice of sounds, I personally would use them in my tracks myself!

My cons are:

• In the build-up I didn’t actually realized it dropped for a sec so what I would do to help that is that while its about to drop leave a bar with no sounds but some vocals so there is a a gap where you create tension on people and thats when you drop it HARD! :smiley:

• The drop isn’t really strong enough in my opinion I would definitely add some OTT compressors on the sounds to sharpen them and add a subbass to layer your chords!

• I would also add some sexy detuned saw stacks to really strengthen the drop haha :wink:

I hope these tips help you out!!

1 BigUp

Of course it help me. Thanks a lot !
I wanted it to me more pop then Dubstep. I think I failed that hehe.
I’ll give it a try on your tips (comp and detuned saw sounds). The silence seems to me as a really good idea.

thanks a lot !

1 BigUp

No worries!! Everyone deserves to make good music, good luck!

The intro is pretty dope, yet the sining part is where the mix sounds weird, like things are clashing and being muddy, @0:44 the high end seems to be a little too much distorted, and you should have a more impact with the drop, because things seem to fade in rather than HIT,
good song m8

1 BigUp

Thanks for your feedback. Will take a look at that !

Hey Jake,
i like the intro, especially the use of the vocals - nice.
Personally i like most the part at 0:40 after the drop (the synth sounds very nice - but alfredo is right regarding the distorting) and would have strengthen it. The part wich follows at 1:00 is somehow unfitting in my eyes and/or comes too early. But all in together in like the complex arrangement & variations in it!