James Blake / 1-800-Dinosaur Thread

Click here for some unreleased James Blake

Untitled one that samples ā€˜Pop Pop Epicā€™ by Digital Mystikz! Praying that this one sees a release.

thatā€™s me praying it doesnā€™t.

Whyā€™s that?

I would hate for record labels, mastering studios, pressing plants, record shops and artists involved to lose time and energy over something so bad. I think if this was made by anyone other than James Blake this would be considered a sad attempt at production (especially considering the lazy samplework) with everbody giving the advice to ā€œstick to your dayjobā€.

btw are you sure this is a JB production and not just the gaslamp killer playing another (in my opinion) boring nu future poststep garage future set? since itā€™s ripped from his boiler room appearance.

2 Likes

Itā€™s definitely James! Iā€™ve seen another clip of him playing it out. Whatā€™s so lazy about the sample-work? Never seen/heard those two words put together, ever! Iā€™m a diehard James Blake fan, however, Iā€™m well aware that some of his tunes arenā€™t anything to shout about, I reckon you need to give this another chance though.

Anyone managed to give James Blakeā€™s ā€˜200 Pressā€™ EP a good listen since its release?

This oneā€™s a favourite! He played it out at WHP in November with a few bars from Trim on top.

Guess which Blake song I sample here https://soundcloud.com/erazered-1/drags

Which release is it off of?

Probably wouldnā€™t. Pretty in key with this new ā€˜futureā€™ music thatā€™s been popping up lately. I would agree in the sense that I think it does sound like something someone who was trying to copy James Blake would make though. Vocal chops are pretty ugly too imo. Nice vibe, Iā€™d probably bus a little skank in a club to it, but yeah, a bit meh overall.

Also, the melody is almost an exact rip off of the first tune Mala plays in his Red Bull Academy Lecture lolololololol

for a guy constantly stressing how everybody isnā€™t reading his posts correctly, your reading comprehension skills could be improved. :wink: first tune in Malaā€™s RBMA lecture is Pop Pop Epic (yes I actually checked) and @nodnol said that James Blake thingā€™s supposed to be a Pop Pop Epic remixā€¦ there you go.

Anyone listened to the new 1-800 Dinosaur Presesnt Trim album?

Having a listen to it now and itā€™s pretty decent, nice different styles and some of the tunes are heavy

need to check it, only heard ā€œBefore I Liedā€ and actually really rate it. Trimā€™s been a G since bomb squad

few of em are a bit plinky plonky but in general its a pretty decent album

dig this one.