Kaoss pad

Right i am ready to give this ago now.

But i’m a bit confused by what you mean.
There isn’t any Blue

I see there is a red side, just plug both of the red RCA’s to the output of the KP3 and the other side to the input.

1 BigUp

Ah shit i got it! Nice 1!
Had to trial and error with front panel on what to press/use.
Cheers!

2 Likes

Now post up some samples of you dicking around or gtfo :badteeth:

1 BigUp

Haha i’ve been on a 12 hour shift today so my plan was to just get it to fukin work for now. Can’t be arsed with standing up any longer.
Been on my mind for ages though so glad it finally can come in use.
I used to have this shitty Vestax mixer with built in effects and used the reverb loads to transition between mixes so i will probably only use it for that :lol_og:
I’ll have a proper go on my next days off.

I’ve seen people hook it up with their guitar amp?
A bit dubious about it though cause of how you can manipulate the frequencies to go really low. Don’t think the speaker would like those lower frequencies pushed through it

1 BigUp

Bodged together this piece of shit with bits i found lying about at work.
Will make something a bit more aesthetically pleaseing when i can be arsed.

3 Likes

I actually like the rustic look.

And Dorothy Ashby :twothumbsup:

2 Likes

Ah man @mks soz mate but where do they go in the mixer, i get where they go in kaos pad but it’s been ages and i’m being retarded right now

Hopefully there is an FX send or an aux send on the mixer. Go out from there to the Kaoss pad in and then the outs from the Kaoss pad would go to the FX return. If there isn’t a FX return it is going to have to go into its own channel.

1 BigUp

Sorry bro i’m retarded and tried all of them, which 1 would go for

Do you have the right adapters? The tip-ring-sleeve cables are going to act as a send and a return. The Kaoss pad has RCA connectors. I see that there is an effects loop.

Same cables as last time you sorted it for me but i havn’t set the kaos pad up since i moved house over a year ago so struggling to get it to work lol and a bit steamin so even more retarded than usual.

All good if you can’t be arsed to explain to a wasteman rn i’ll leave it tonight or perceiver

@mks if you know man

Just do this. Plug both of the red sides of the cables to the output of the Kaoss pad.

1 BigUp

Yeah i get the kaos pad outputs but jus not the inputs on mixer, all good mate i jus wanna start mixin now. Sort it out another day lol

All good @mks sorted eventually. Such a waste to use this kaoss pad jus for reverb when i cut a tune off lol.

Should really try and see if it works with guitar, pretty sure Johnny Greenwood use one but dunno if it is hooked up to his guitar

You got it plugged in? Those TRS cables are both in and out. You just need to make sure to have one side of the RCA’s plugged into the input and the other side to the outputs.

I got it sorted in the end lol.

@mks i never got this sorted properly the other week like i did when i first made this thread. Could only use it in this weird way but not like how i first sorted it.
kaoss pad is deff working with volume right, just havin trouble with mixer.

Obv each cable has 2 rcas (1 red, 1 plain) other end of cable is a single jack. Got both red of each cable in output of kaoss pad like this:

So one cable is left and right. So put the single jack end of each of them cables into the fx send on mixer (kaoss pad is already switched to send setting)
Here is back of mixer in the right left and right jacks;

Pretty sure this is right, there is a few posts up of the back of the mixer that you posted.

Currently in fx loop 2 only cuz already tried fx loop 1.

Tried multiple combos on the front of mixer so dunno why the fuk it aint working.
Last year we got it sorted and it worked how i wanted it to.

Here is pic of currently what i got on face of mixer:

Sorry to keep fukin you about with this but you were big help last year, i jus neglected it and forgot how i had it!

:grouphug:

CANCEL THAT SORTED!

Had to have these 2 kunty buttons on B for the fx loop 2 and im guess A for fx loop 1.

I thought they were jus for setting cross fader that i don’t use at all.

Ffs lol nightmare

Ah, good because that looked correct to me. It’s always the little button.