KRK 6's vs Audio Technica M50 Headphones

I know! It is a bummer. I keep saving up money for a pair of D8s then they don’t have them and I buy more Elektron gear lol.

I hope they aren’t going tits up, they make amazing monitors! At one point about a year ago I thought something was fucked in one of my monitors and they never responded to a customer service email (still haven’t grumble grumble). Turns out I was just getting a weird vibration from the position…anyway…lack of response started me wondering what was up over there…though I recently got a news letter email about something from them…

My dream studio would include a set of Q10s (or whatevs their top end monitors are called).

Your description of the M50s sounds like what I experience with them. I think that they have really loose and week low end so anything at 100hz and below doesn’t come out too strong. It is prob the one thing that I really hate about them…they aren’t punchy in the low end so I can’t mix a kick or sub in M50s because I always over compensate for the headphones and screw it up. I have an amp with them too which helps but it doesn’t do much to change the lack of punch and fullness in the sub range.

1 BigUp