Looking for feedback on Techno track

Just looking to see what u guys think, good or bad.
cheers
https://soundcloud.com/king-wisp/p_nels

Definitely not a fan of the guitar; the tune to me sounds cluttered with it and lacks direction. In my opinion, itā€™d be best to get rid of it.

Once the guitar leaves, you have a great setup for a jacking house banger. Iā€™d love to see the kick blown out of proportion a bit (think Unknown To The Unknown, i.e. Bleaker - ā€œHypeā€ or the recent Octopus EP on Hot Haus Recs). The clap is a bit too dry for my taste and could do with some more fat aswell; Iā€™d imagine you want that to SMACK.
I like the, err, bleepy conga melody? Haha. Has me wishing for a whistle; proper stimulant for unashamed dancing.

The ending is a bit disappointing then; the tune fizzles out and leaves me with the impression that it didnā€™t go anywhere. I love bleepy, loopy shit that doesnā€™t really do anything; from dub techno to microhouse to drone and back. But Iā€™d like to see some sort of logical conclusion. Bring the bleepy main to an end, maybe let the drum track roll out a bit - even though itā€™s stylistically something completely different, Kassem Mosse did a great job of evolving a tune and bringing it to a conclusion on ā€œFlowers In Mayā€. (On that note - maybe figure out a way to introduce the main without fading it in. As an example, maybe listen to Photonz - Osiris (Palms Trax Remix) for pointers).

After writing all this, I realise I might be wanting to push this in a certain direction that might not be the one you want to explore, and Iā€™m a bit sorry for that. :wink:
Anyway - I think you did a good job overall and the track deserves some more work to be put in. Take my words as a subjective opinion trying to show you the further possibilities of your work. ^^
Keep it up, man.

Cheers man , really appreciate the response, Tbh I completely agree with you on the guitar, I put it in as an afterthought and never gave it to much attention, I felt like at the start the intro need something to drop from so I tried to use as more of a frequency filler but I may try and substitute something else. Iā€™ll definitely put some more time into it and hopefully Iā€™ll reach a point where Iā€™m happy with it :slight_smile:
Thanks again man, Iā€™ll post any versions of it I finish.

idk if its techno but I like it kinda like what they call ā€˜outsider houseā€™ but on the other hand u werent asking for bullshit tips on how to categorize youā€™re music but instead feedback on your track and Iā€™m gonna say I like it itā€™s nice

1 BigUp

Yeah, itā€™s definitely house imo.