ni·hil·ism by Maarz (drumstep)

Hey everyone, my names mike, im out of chicago. I’m new to DSF and this is my first time posting here. This is a track ive been working on for awhile now. Its a part 1 of 2. Looking for some feedback before i master it. please and thank you, will listen/return feedback

1 BigUp

Hi Maarz, and welcome! Nice tune.

No troll: how did you arrive at Drumstep for a genre (no wrong answer, genuinely curious)…? Usually there’s a 160 or 170 halfstep thing in Drumstep.

Like:

Or

1 BigUp

thanx dude, i appreciate the listen and the feedback. I wasn’t sure how to label it. Its more dnb than drumstep but since it was at 150 bpm i thought that it would put it under the drumstep category. Currently working on like a part 2 of it that goes half time here and their.

also i want to note i really dont know shit about dnb or drumstep really.

Listening on my phone, but production seems pretty good. 2.5 minutes of intro maybe a little self indulgent for this kind of music, but that’s totally subjective. Welcome to the forum! Good to have new blood around here

1 BigUp

lol yeah i got a little carried away with the intro. thanks alot and fuck yeah nice big lebowski clip lol

1 BigUp

Listen to nihilism vip pre alpha (clip)(hevy af tho) by Maarz #np on #SoundCloud

nice track … :+1: … basses are thin sometimes … but the sounds are nice … perhaps you should add more sub

1 BigUp

thanx for the advice, much appreciated. yeah im gonna have to try to do something about the sub. got one their but for some reason its hitting a little low on the spectrum. like around 50ish hz,

wondering if its the note/octave im in

Hey Maarz,

check the key of your song vs. this chart:

https://pages.mtu.edu/~suits/notefreqs.html

Perhaps you really need to set it an octave higher. 50 Hz is not really a note?!

G1 is 49.00 Hz
G#1 is 51.91 Hz

Regards, T.I.L.I.D.I.N.