Note choice in subs

There are some notes you don’t want to hit when using a sub bass. Also depends on whatever you’re using as a sub bass.

Just a low passed sine wave. I probably hit the worst possible case of what your talking about. I even put a 96 db/oct lowpass on and swept through just to see if maybe I could cut it lower and get a better result but the sound and vibrations drop out at the same time. I guess that makes sense though.

Avoid the brown note

3 Likes

I’ve noticed the same issue with certain sub bass keys

G, G#, A, A#, B

seem to be working best, for me, with the “drop it down an octave” approach

F - B for playback reasons. D1 for example is too low for most home or non-pro speakers.

Good little read: http://dallashodgson.info/articles/Acrobat/FutureMusic232SubBass.pdf

I’ve always wondered if there was a pink note (resonant frequency of the clitoris)…

:thinking:

4 Likes

That looks like an awesome article! I’m gunna download that to read when im bored at work :smiley: Thanks!

p much anything below 100hz apaz

d1 is life
when u got a proper sub that shit feels like a back rub

1 BigUp

Replying just to follow the thread

the guy that would know that just died i think

didnt like his music but he was good at basketball + tight blouse game

2 Likes

There’s a little button at the bottom of the thread you can change to different follow options for future reference

thats what the subpac is for :wink:

1 BigUp

Wish I could afford a sub par :confused: they seem cool

i legitimately had to buy half the groceries i normally would after i got paid to buy it lmao, but theyre pretty sweet. theyll prob be a lot cheaper on ebay eventually or if they bring out a 3rd version, i got the s2 off ebay for 300 odd

The Kannon headphones discussed here might be a viable option soon if they’re not slanted toward the consumer market…

https://tactiontechnology.com/?page_id=270

I guess I just really can’t justify dropping that much money when my productions aren’t that good :stuck_out_tongue:

Also to say i’m here :stuck_out_tongue:

theyre for listenin too tho lol

I think you can play a note that is in the scale and it should harmonically work, it’s possible too much frequencies in the same area are causing phasing ???