Obscure dubstep 12"s

oh my word, the Mekha Ghast tune is so good! where on earth can I get it. There seems to be no mention of it on discogs!

what was the tune mala’s been opening with over the past year, i thought it sounded like commodo but it was like 5 years old or so

wait nvm this one

someone on here id’d this when everyone else thought it was a new bit- forgot who though

thank fuck 4 bookmarks

Dunno, used to be on his soundcloud, but I think he deleted his account. The mediafire link in the description seems to be down too :s.

yeah its all down :weary: do you have the file?

Yeah, feels kinda unethical to share it though lol. PM me an email address or something.

not sure if obscure enuff for the truheds here, but I’ve never heard these played out myself and they are p good imo

1 BigUp

some of his stuff on immerse was really good such as Douceur!

1 BigUp

S.N.O. is underrated IMO

Tunes like:

2 Likes

The two ‘Marked For Death’ records I thought were pretty decent, and no-one seems to know about them. Quite a Loefah-y sound at times: http://www.discogs.com/label/146267-Marked-For-Death-Records

There’s a good deal of vinyl-only stuff that came out between like 2007-2010 that is very obscure / unknown. There were some good (and not so good) reggae refixes that came out around this time

1 BigUp

yeah i love that record, people ask for the id almost every time i pull that one out

immerse in general has some pretty obscure stuff, underrated label imo

Noted, some sick gems in here for sure
http://www.discogs.com/label/65615-Immerse-Records

possibly not what you’re talking about but i very rarely see this white label series get talked about these days

1 BigUp

I just got DJ Madd’s Joka Smoka from this series, I forgot about these!! Until the other day that is, when this thread was posted and I started looking through all the vinyl I never bought but always wanted back in the day.

matty g’s remix of dominator is sick on there as well

i like his war one a lot too

really like the layin in bed/walk on by one too

also parson-throw some d’s = banger (and someone off here too)

The Bloom series by Aardvarck. Not sure if you guys would consider these obscure, but I haven’t heard about a mention of these for years until the other day, when I heard that Mala played one of the Blooms at Dimensions.

Edit: my bad, forgot @RKM mentioned it earlier.

ive only got WAR001 but yeah, a few years ago they were talked about a fair bit more, but now the hype is completely gone

I think this is pretty obscure:

I love this record and cant even find Wormsign on youtube.

1 BigUp

Gravious is overlooked in general, great producer though.

wow doesnt feel 13 years since i made this.

4 Likes