Online Events and Workshops

Hey, just wanted to start this topic to share online events and workshops. Since Coronavirus there’s been a lot of digital events coming up that are technically accessible wherever you are in the world (if your timezone allows of course :yawning_face: :sleeping:).

That includes gigs, tech livestreams, learning courses, Q&As and stuff like that.

I hope it’s okay if I share one that I’m organising at the moment, but also interested to see what other people are up to/interested in.

1 BigUp

Introduction to Modular Synthesis Using VCV Rack
with K Man (The Phantom)
2020-12-12T10:30:00Z2020-12-12T13:30:00Z
Link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/an-introduction-to-modular-synthesis-using-vcv-rack-tickets-128606967903

Participants will get the most out of the workshop if they are familiar and comfortable with how music software works (whether that’s Ableton, Logic, Cubase etc). No prior experience with modular synths needed.

There’s an activist sentiment behind the workshop, which has to do with diversifying the culture surrounding Modular Synths. That’s why it was decided to offer the limited 10 spaces only to people with African or Caribbean lineage/heritage in this instance. K Man will be demonstrating synthesis techniques using free software VCV Rack, which is a great opportunity for people to get familiar with possibilities of modular synths before investing into hardware.

More info via link above.

2 Likes