Orchestral (&) Dubstep

Have to add, of course trying to make music too much exactly how some precise people would like them or have done, which then went popular on personal opinions of a lot of people, would just be another way of doing something i don’t like to do. (although, which by the way reminded me of an good example on how some people don’t have personal opinions in society these days, because they like to follow others and be the same, belong or something like that, i don’t know, (not to be a hypocrite, i have done the same in small amounts especially earlier on) which would be really bad since it allows some of those people who they follow almost “choose” what to like for some, who are too afraid of being different)

But still what use is “art” if no one likes it at all… so it’s true that having own fun and making what public wants might be 2 separate things, in a way at least. Then again it’s completely different case if i for example were to, let’s say, be so advanced composer as time has passed and i have studied/practiced more, so that my music would go into some soundtrack or something like that. At that point i should be able to of course compose something ‘against’ what i feel like producing, but for example as far as going into some club to be a DJ and playing some party music that i had made, is not for me most likely which is relevant to the fact that i haven’t even tried to make such music as much. But yeah i kind of get what you mean by that if i add growls and such, the overall dénouement should be heavier.

Aww yes, it arrived. A book for motivation

1 BigUp

good book there

Indeed a good book, today got into first pages of book 2 a.k.a chapter two: Combating Resistance ‘Turning Pro’ which also had more of inspiring stuff about psychology like the first one told about resistance which are the “road blocks” as in the cause of procrastination, the second one is about how to truly push away those self-doubt or self-pity heavy thoughts and concentrate on what should be done in order to be a professional artist. As in doing what i want to actually do rather than thinking of what should be done before it or what i need to have first so it could be done. That muse thingy got me thinking rather deeply… what inspires me truly to go on… deep stuff, awesome stuff

1 BigUp

yeah man, i’ve got that one as well. you know he was made an honorary citizen of Sparta, by the … actual city? fuck any other award after that—he’s an honorary spartan.

What? I honestly have no idea what you mean by that, how can he be honorary Spartan? wasn’t it in the Ancient Greek times or something?

Anyways, started making an new orchestral piece yet again, this time i started playing around with flute, not just several violins, brasses and pianos. Also some sort of Pizzicato harp type of thingy. It makes an awesome sound.

Building something on the Feel it project. Man is there a lot of stuff going on already:

Loving the workflow still though

Do you ever bounce tracks down into audio to save on processing power?

Well usually, no until i try to ‘master’ the entire track at the end. Sometimes i have started making so many changes that it would have been kind of an back and forward thing but as my projects grow larger i should most definitely do just that.

just thought itd be an idea :wink:

my laptop would probably struggle with all that haha

i bounce shit down, mostly to make myself ‘commit’ to something. plus if i bounce it down, even if it’s dope, i don’t worry about going back to tweak it further because i know i’ve got the original sample as backup :smiley:

Shadow…dude…PM coming your way

What is an PM?

Prime Minister

5 Likes

Hi guys I’m very much interested about it. Plz share something about the basics of an orchestra music. I created a song but i think i have to learn more

Have you posted it on internet like soundcloud or something? Post a link so i or anyone else could hear it. And do you mean your having problems with what exactly on it?

I also did one, but i have to learn more about these two genres. Guys plz give some basic theory about orchestral music.

@ShadowRaz naim and me is the same person. I don’t publish it. I have to make some changes.

Ok cool

I would suggest for both of you to listen to productions of other people, as in just start searching youtube through about both genres, listen carefully to the tracks you like and then just start trying to make your own inspired by them or if not directly trying to make an remake first as i didn’t and should try to make more remakes for my own practice as i did recently make one or make remixes also, rather useful practice. And for own compositions start hitting some basic chords on several virtual instruments one by one (what ever you like, i would suggest piano as one strong and beautiful instrument to learn as basically everything on DAW compositions are rather based on piano keys) and add them up layer by layer to make such music and on dubstep side just start practicing sound design, modulation of the sounds and effects and making proper beats.

Check this out for basic music theory on chords and such: http://www.musictheory.net/lessons
I usually just try chords out on what would sound good

Then just search some youtube videos like this for example was on recommendations for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDaNs3AMWIg
Seamless has some awesome tutorials, so does other pro streamers just check out Virtual Riot, Barely Alive etc there are countless number of not as popular folks also all over internet, check out Growl Bass thread on this forum for some stuff but videos are more understandable on my opinion.
Mostly I just have tried making what i like and not directly imitating others for example test out using lot’s of violins and making some orchestral drum beats and such, but still of course inspired sometimes by professional musicians. Sound designs come as they go, test out stuff until they would be good or you can use presets but for deeper production possibilities i suggest learning sound design. Depending on your goals of course.

My song’s dropbox link-