Post your'e music

Not my track but this is awesome. I was hosting a small sample contest on looperman and a contender posted this.

Looperman link: https://www.looperman.com/loops/detail/163811/odd-ridim-bass-challenge-140bpm-dubstep-wobble-bass-loop#846953

Something Iā€™ve been working on for a while.
I think there might be two tunes in here, and Iā€™m not keen on the ending.
Reckon Iā€™ll come back to it and make a 2 track EP from this 1 tune.

LV426

1 BigUp

I have been working on my mixing quality, tell me what you guys think.

Trying out cymatics new dubstep kit

More techno. 140bpm, trying my hand at hardgroove-ish stuff.

And a track inspired by drone/modular tracks.

Also fucked around in Diva to try to recreate some techno bassline I heard in a track. Turned out quite differently.

think this could use a bit more sub and the square(?) lead is a bit too loud imo.
the rest of the mix sounds pretty nice.

How many aliases do you have?

anyway, Orbitation is sick, as are the other two, though they donā€™t click with me style-wise, good stuff

Is it legal to remix your own song

Mabeyā€¦ but I wanted to make the lead stand out.

Sampled Lupe Fiasco - Kick Push

4 (actuallyā€¦) for my self, 2 or so together with my lil bro. Idk, I think itā€™s a good show on how indeicivie I am when it comes to genres/concepts etc.

Also, thanx a lot for the kind words!

Been here since '11, finally sharing my stuff :slight_smile: This one Iā€™d classify as industrial jersey club. Cop a free D/L

https://soundcloud.com/adamskrzypkowski/do-you-like-jazz

Any techno heads here that can give me input on my next track? I feel as though thereā€™s missing something, or that the arrangement seems rushed. New tunes always end up maximum at the 4-5 min mark.

The section from 1.55 to 2.24 should slowly lose all itā€™s beats/percussion until itā€™s just that chirpy bleep noise for a couple bars. Then drop into the tune again.
Other than that stellar work. Really strong track. The fluttering delayed claps are sweet.

Some of the high freqā€™s are a bit harsh to my ears.
That warping droning bass is so good.
For me, itā€™s too disjointed. Sounds like two or three tunes competing against each other.
Love the vibe thoughā€¦ really disorienting and woozy. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for the thorough reply! I checked EQ on every channel to see if there are no peaks and problems with harsh freqs but maybe that wasnā€™t enough. Wonder if you have any tips on how not to make distortion to harsh? How not to overshoot it? Because I love my distortion but I donā€™t want to make peopleā€™s ear hurt : )

It being disjointed - something to keep in mind. I sometimes would like to throw everything and the kitchen sink in my tracks

Listen back to the track on different systems; headphones, car stereo, studio monitors etc. Get a feel for how it sounds in different environments.
And one thing I learned is try not to adjust EQ visually. Rely on your ears, not what the EQ monitor is telling you. And donā€™t forget different people are sensitive to different frequencies - it might just be me.

Also never ever EQ something with the channel in solo. Always EQ with everything playing around the sound so you know how it fits in to the overall mix.

Iā€™ve only been producing for a year tho, so thereā€™ll be better people to advise you on here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Solid advice!

I generally reach for the upper mid frequencies with regards to harshness, and just decrease them with 3-4 db.

2 Likes

Thanks! Most of it I heard about but I didnā€™t check the mix on many sound sources nearly as much as I should have - I had a deadline on the track to make it to the compilation release :smiley:

1 BigUp

Same here. Itā€™s usually the frequencies in the snare or clap that I find the harshest. Never really the hats etc.

Hah yup me too

1 BigUp

Im baaaaaack!
First ever attempt to make some sort of techno/house

2 Likes