Post your'e music

New Track sampling Mary Anne Hobbes interveiw

let me know what you think

2 Likes

Use Audacity

Woi oi!

Dark 130 ritual music influenced by traditional tribal music and artists such as Shackleton, Distance, and Wen.

2 Likes

Fuck me thatā€™s heavy. Sick track

1 BigUp

Iā€™m not sure what youā€™re using to produce with but everything sounds overdriven and distorted, wasnā€™t sure if that was your intention, but it sounds like everything is happening in the midrange, but thereā€™s no bass or sub, and your top end is so buried itā€™s hard to hear it.

It also sounds like itā€™s all in mono, I donā€™t really hear any stereo separation.

Tbf, youtube isnā€™t the best platform for showcasing music, so there could be compression issues.

As for the track itself, the ā€œbassā€ melody is good, itā€™s vibey. The 4/4 gives it a good urgent energy.
The sample needs work. Maybe be more selective in which bits you use. I know its MAH but I canā€™t make out what she is saying. I bet thereā€™s some sick soundbites to be chopped out of that speech

And have a look at your structure, the tune kinda sets itself up and then just rolls out and doesnā€™t really ā€œdoā€ anything yā€™know?

Definitely post it again if you ever update it

:+1:

i already do but the software closes after 15 mins

Thanks for the feedback. I agree, the mixing definitely needs improvements. Also Iā€™m currently using just one speaker cuz the other broke so everythings mono atm until i buy new ones.

2 Likes

Big ups, appreciate that

1 BigUp

Audacity shouldnā€™t close after 15 mins. Been using it for years.

Thereā€™s a production bible somewhere from the old forum. Iā€™ll post a link for you when I get home. Got a lot of good stuff in there.

ā€˜What Time It Isā€™ is single from my forthcoming jungle album ā€˜Jungle Technologyā€™. Both of these tracks are melodic ragga jungle, but donā€™t get it twisted when it comes to melodies - they are not electronica- or jazz-styled, but instead nifty hardcore stabs and lush jungle chords.

STREAM AND DOWNLOAD from Spotify/Youtube/Bandcamp etc.:

I have always loved jungle chords, but havenā€™t really made much jungle tunes with themā€¦ So now is the time to go full on with chords.

In the middle part of ā€˜What Time It Isā€™ there is galactic space journey, where jungle chords are taken into advanced level. Despite the trackā€™s melodicness, thereā€™s that jungle roughness.

ā€˜Summer Hazeā€™ is summer haziness as the name suggests, but thereā€™s also that jungle danger and roughness. Uplifting music, but with slight bittersweetness to color the vibe.

Iā€™m aiming to release ā€˜Jungle Technologyā€™ album in August. The vibe will be quite much same like in these two tracks, and I have seen effort in album entityā€™s story and theme!

4 Likes

A TEST OF SOUND

First in a series of mixes.

Watch this spaceā€¦

Gotta link properly bruv.

Sharing private links you gotta share that and not whatā€™s in the browser bar u kno?
Might be a classic Kushra share that you took down after 5 mins too ofc. But if not, link doesnā€™t work bro. Wanna hear.

1 BigUp

Bigup after 10 secs, nice man. Strong 2-steps, even if borderline Future Garage. Never had anything against it, but can get a bit ā€œcommercialā€. Not enough lofi filtering for me. Vibez tho.

I took it down as I canā€™t afford to have a 60min mix on a free account only get limited time innit.

Will send you a download link

1 BigUp

Okay thanks

nah, i mean the mixing software