Production competition ideas thread

I’m saying Tekvision went and made us all a nice pack and all we have to do is cane it and share the results.

It’s a start, but not exactly a comp though lol. You started anything with it yet?
Should we do an all three packs thing or just a one pack thing?

I haven’t started a song in a couple months. Yeah. :disappointed:

Nothing ever kicked my ass into musical shape like the comps of yon olden dayes.

One pack at a time: less is more. Some of the best results came from the smallest packs IMO.

If at least two other hedz commit I’m all in. Nothing worse than being the one-legged man in an asskicking contest.

From what I remember, the tradition was the winner compiles the sample pack for the next comp

Yup.

[taps fingers impatiently]

Here’s another opportunity:

You fucking lazy coconuts.

i´m in. havent produced in months though. this is a good kickstart

In the same boat. I think this’d be perfect to kick the writer’s block’s ass.

im down

1 BigUp

I don’t get it

The link is yet another thing that a contest could be based around.

The tapping fingers indicate impatience.

:smile_cat:

Here’s an idea:

We post up completely random samples - one per user per week or session or whatev - and then those samples all get aggregated into a pack to use for a competition?

What about having to use completely found sounds. You record your own samples (make a beat from hitting shit in your own house, outside, etc. A car ride can turn into a bass, birds tweeting can be a lead or something)

I’m into it. Hell, I find a lot of interesting samples with my iPhone here in downtown San Francisco.

I’m just tired of talking, want more doing. Also: am totally struggling with creative block and think this is one of the only things that’ll help.

I posted a beat I made a week or so ago from things around my house. Was pretty cool

Post it here and I’ll post up something too… who knows? Maybe we can actually get this thing rolling! :sunglasses:

Will do when I get home

Here it is.

https://soundcloud.com/tolsof/just-a-beat

When I made it I didn’t spend a whole lot of time with the mix so I’m sure it could sound a lot cleaner and such.

lets take a picture of our penis in full erection and let the best man win