Production Thoughts

These are the breaks and the hat solo’d and then together.
So you think shorten the tail and reverb of the hats?

then theres a painridden guy like Miles who can appropriate funk and put something real back inside it

1 BigUp

never thought about it like that

so true lol

1 BigUp

In the key of c major, d is the 2nd, g is the perfect 5th, and e is the major 3rd.

I’m trying to say that notes and scales are really just contextual

2 Likes

Why the f don’t you name them in order lolll. Making it even more confusing.

1 BigUp

I named them in the order he listed, I was just trying to show how they can change contextually based off of what you conceptualize as the root. I wrote it in 2 minutes at a rest stop cuz I’ve been driving for fucking 5 hours.

Idk why I post anything anymore. Im so fucking depressed and brain fogged I can’t think about anything for more than 5 seconds so why bother. Not adding anything anyway. I knew it was poorly worded after I wrote it but can’t do anything cuz I’m driving so a couple hours later here we are

2 Likes

Aye, didn’t mean it like that yo. Am pretty much in that same state of mind more or less constantly nowadays, sucks hard.

1 BigUp

OK read these 2 articles with no musical accompaniment and it ain’t so hard to understand

Good stuff v interesting

2 Likes

If you don’t follow already I HIGHLY recommend Adam Neely’s yt channel. He breaks down theory better than anyone ime and makes it relevant with examples from pop and whatnot.

1 BigUp

Subbed

1 BigUp

Figured out one issue with the hats - there is a reverb on their channel, but they were also routed to a reverb FX channel. Killed the route and they sound tighter now.

FX directly on the channel/instrument : Insert effect (because it’s directly inserted in the chain)
FX on a bus channel : Send effect (because you send the signal to another bus)

1 BigUp

Hah thanks. Couldn’t think of the word and routed was the closest :clown_face:

THIS IS WHAT @Paralytik WAS THINKING ALL ALONG

1 BigUp

I’m Bb Minor, Baby

where’s obscure and amorous tho?

Pretty funny how subject CM politics is actually C Major @Dubstep_Warrior

TRUST THE CHART

3 Likes

Stfu or I’ll go Eb major on your ass

2 Likes

ZZZzz Minor: silent and effeminate

1 BigUp

Not a lot of range in those emotional descriptives lol.

1 BigUp

B flat minor is great!

1 BigUp