Production Thoughts

I see. It’s because this OG producer I know sold all his Eurorack stuff to buy SOMA stuff and after seeing it myself in person, wow it’s nice looking gear.

Edit: sold a lot of Eurorack stuff (not even close to all of it)

ok now we’re talking
In his autobiographical Recollections, Sergei Rachmaninoff recorded a conversation he had had with Scriabin and Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov about Scriabin’s association of colour and music. Rachmaninoff was surprised to find that Rimsky-Korsakov agreed with Scriabin about associations of musical keys with colors; himself skeptical, Rachmaninoff made the obvious objection that the two composers did not always agree on the colours involved. Both maintained that D major is golden-brown, but Scriabin linked E-flat major with red-purple, while Rimsky-Korsakov favored blue. Rimsky-Korsakov protested that a passage in Rachmaninoff’s opera The Miserly Knight accorded with their claim: the scene in which the Old Baron opens treasure chests to reveal gold and jewels glittering in torchlight is in D major. Scriabin told Rachmaninoff, “your intuition has unconsciously followed the laws whose very existence you have tried to deny.”

BEEF
When Rachmaninoff performed Scriabin’s music, Scriabin criticized his pianism and his admirers as earthbound.[45][46]
GOT HIM

Scriabin’s funeral, on 16 April 1915, was attended by so many people that tickets had to be issued. Rachmaninoff, a pallbearer, subsequently embarked on a grand tour of Russia, performing only Scriabin’s music for the family’s benefit.[48] It was the first time Rachmaninoff had publicly performed piano music other than his own.

Scriabin’s music was greatly disparaged in the West during the 1930s. In the UK Sir Adrian Boult refused to play the Scriabin selections chosen by the BBC programmer Edward Clark, calling it “evil music”,[52] and even banned Scriabin’s music from broadcasts in the 1930s. In 1935, Gerald Abraham called Scriabin a “sad pathological case, erotic and egotistic to the point of mania”.[53] At the same time, the pianist Edward Mitchell, who compiled a catalogue of Scriabin’s piano music in 1927,[54] was championing his music in recitals and regarded him as “the greatest composer since Beethoven”.[55]

googled soma laboratory and I thought the synths looked cool but then I read they (or some of it) was made in collaboration with andrew huang which I’ve come across on youtube and who is in my judgement a talentless biab-level super gay genre wanker youtuber ■■■■■■ so therefore those soma laboratory things must be gay af

2 Likes

he is very annoying

a Huanger if you will

1 BigUp

https://www.theatrecrafts.com/bhc/equipment/strand-light-console

Andrew Huang is really the definition of “content creator”, in all the wrong ways.

Soma is dope af though imo, your reasoning is faulty.

1 BigUp

I bought a Eurorack module in-part because Endorphins collaborated with Andrew Huang. I feel like names add identity to the product and therefore make talking about them a little bit more novel.

It’s the same reason I had bought (then quickly sold) a Mutable Instruments module. I didn’t have a clue who created the module. I didn’t want to do research either. Ironically (from what I understood) Émilie Gillet began his company as ‘he’, and was ‘she’ before shutdown.

you talk a lot of shit, Ryan

2 Likes

I do. But it’s not that I’m proud of it, I’m just human I guess.

2 Likes

lol, Emilie has done so much more for the community than Andrew Huang could ever even dream of. She also made all of her designs and software open source. She’s a fucking badass.

1 BigUp

“I bought X because this person was involved in dev”

“It’s the same reason I bought Y” then literally saying the opposite in the next sentence lol.

Not tryna be an ass, but these paragraphs do not make any sense logically bro.

bc Emilie is trans

:wwf:

3 Likes

re: loudness etc etc, if you can retain dynamics and still get a loud mix everyone’s happy right? pro DJs will say it’s ok to send a pre-master to labels but i feel dirty doing that, yet my home masters suck

It’s kind of because I didn’t do the research. Had I met the OG guy first and found out that Mutable Instruments is discontinued, I would’ve likely held onto it for vintage vibes

Edit: first ^

I got my technics sl-1200mk7 spinning. Big up to all the help.

1 BigUp

what mason says for a toast at the yearly pizza party for his house staff

3 Likes

All in all, it’s a good omen.

She* u utter tnuc

Emilie has accomplished more in her life than your whole church combined

She built new instruments that have shaped modern music, and made them free to the public

re: re: loudness war sometimes tunes sound better master-less imo

1 BigUp

I see what you mean but a good master should be able to build on what the mix was and not detract from it by being overly focused on loudness. Should never sound worse after a master if its done properly

2 Likes