Production Thoughts

you can send a homemaster as a demo, doesn’t need to be super clean or super loud, that’ll get taken care of if they sign the tunes

1 BigUp

p cool

that song makes me so happy its insane. dunno what it is but just gives this pure hopeful feeling :lol_og:

3 Likes

RE: the ongoing and undying discussions on linear phase, minimum phase, & phase cancellation

Was actually thinking about making a longer post with graphs but found that of course Dan Worrall has already gone over it better than I could do. He has more videos on parallel EQ/filtering on his channel as well where he shows phase analyzers alongside it, super helpful for understanding what is and is not going on

3 Likes

Will watch and remain as confused as ever.
Points for effort tho right

2 Likes

JUDGE 4 URSELFZ

KEYS WITH NO EQ

PIANO W NO EQ

PIANO BEING (SO CALLED) ‘EQUALIZED’

FINAL PIC OF EQ’ED PIANO

2 Likes

PIANO IN THE MIX WITH NO EQ

PIANO IN THE MIX W EQ

2 Likes

Out of phase piano.

2 Likes

A friend of mine did an experiment like that, with overlapping looping patterns that de-syncronised over time. Pretty cool stuff.

1 BigUp

cool lick

1 BigUp

this thred needs Hermann Hesse - Steppenwolf

2 Likes
1 BigUp

I was about to add some eq on some sounds in my song and remembered this thread and then didn’t

2 Likes

Question.

If I am running my drums through a compressor, do I compress separate to, or with, the FX?

In this instance, would I run the 2 tom channels through the compressor on a separate channel to the FX, or do I run the 2 tom channels AND the FX channel through the compressor?

Or do I put the compressor on the same channel as the FX?

depends lol

generally you want it early in your chain. before/after distortion makes a big difference, after reverb/delay can help bring up the tail

are you trying to compress the original sound or are you trying to compress the effected version?

Just want to glue all the drums together to get them cohesive.
Happy for the tail to be a little more prominent.

what sort of fx is it? I’m imagining reverb or delay or something

my inclination would be to run all of it including fx thru the compressor, and if it makes the tom fx too over the top just bring the fx channel down a bit. however it might be that you like the sound better if you send the toms out to the effect separately. only way to know for sure is to try both really

don’t let hubb bully you I’m pretty sure he’s a zoophile

2 Likes

100%, if you don’t eq you probably want to fuck animals

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve got equipment anxiety now.

I can’t see those little bubble knobs without thinking about a birds cloacha

1 BigUp

Nothing much, a touch of reverb and some EQ to roll off the bottom end

1 BigUp