Production Thoughts

A wild guess is Fminor.

Also:

Imo this kind of tinkering makes it obvious to me why one should spend some time on basic music theory, at least to get familiar with the major/minor scales and how they play on a keyboard.

This is what I wanted

:flushed:
How the hell did you make that from one 8 bar sample of wind?!?
Swear you guys are fucking wizards with this production shit.

1 BigUp

yeah… wut? lol

I wouldnt know where to begin

1 BigUp

Ableton’s stock sampler is really powerful, there’s so much you can do with it, all the synths I made by looping a single cycle of the waveform which effectively turns your sampler into a wavetable synth, once you have the loop length set up at the right pitch all you need to do is move where abouts in the audio file the loop happens and it totally changes the character of the synth.

For drums/percs I used the samplers amplitude, filter and pitch envelopes to get that percussive impact sound. The snare was the hardest because I actually had to make the fundamental frequency, transient sound and then also a longer clap kind of sound all separately and then compress them together to sound like 1 hit

but yeah it was not easy, a lot of it was just experimenting to see what kinds of sound I could make and then trying to turn them into something usable with post processing

3 Likes

Google “Zero input mixing.”

On sale right now:

Groove Rider GR-16.

1 BigUp

So I drunk downloaded the app, and tho the Ui is a little flat - holy shit it gets deep and sounds good. Also has Ableton Link for easy DAW transfer.

Not sure if the groovebox format was what you were after, because there’s everything and anything in terms of that - multilane DAWs, grid and piano roll sequencers, everything in one…

I’m also a huge fan of Elastic Drums because you can import samples as well as synthesize p much anything w a butt ton of automation and control over individual voice playback speeds - also has Ableton, sounds great, but fairly steep learning curve at first.

Anyway… this guy’s accent bugs a little but it’s a decent runthrough.

1 BigUp

I want/need input on how I should go about naming my projects, but also tips on folder structure.

For the last couple of years I used to sort projects into what year and month they were created.
But since I enjoy trying my hand at multiple genres at times, or at least in the past, going between dubstep and beats, I got a tip on making folders with genre-lables instead.
Works better imo, but now my “techno projects” folder is getting bigger by the week. (One thing I can think of is to finish more of the ideas I’ve started, and moving the projects related to those track into a separate folder named “done” or something of that nature.

Any ideas?

Genre.
Finished/unfinished.

any shit Enya tune pitched down 3, 5 or 7
then reversed
then kick drums
voila
?

1 BigUp

I dreamt we had a Sample Swap thread and am kinda surprised that we don’t, actually…

Other than SC and YT and BC what embedded players w download capability are supported here?

I’d be down for a sample swap

1 BigUp

@cyclopian do you know the answer to the above (re: embed formats)?

Just went about finally consolidating all of my cd’s including homemade ones, etc. - probably around 3000, 1200 or them were commercial releases.

Also a metric shit ton of sample discs, plugins, refills, session recordings - I know the medium doesn’t hold up to time so well but goddamn, if 10% of these work at all there’s enough samples for decades.

im not sure tbh, i know google .drive does not work, might be worth trying zippyshare but i doubt that works

Testing 1, 2 1, 2

Tone Scientist - CBBOS

How does this show up in your browsers?

2 Likes

yeah, .mp3’s will properly autoembed if the url is correct

It looks like this site supports HTML5 embeds if your audio is hosted somewhere. I’ve been using this for a while but testing again. Tested on Firefox and Chrome.

So… @mks is hosting?

:badteeth: