Production Thoughts

most of my projects are named like

cunt15729(ahsgsf
or
dubstep (date) - while being a dnb tune.

i feel like having the date in the project name is helpful.
Plus when you actually come up with a name just resave it and delete the old one imo

3 Likes

Testing 3, 4 3, 4

AI Algorithmic music:

This is a .wav file so that works as well.

1 BigUp

I start craving Roland TR-909 sounds at 9:09pm 0.o

Anyone else have that problem, or am I losing my mind…

Make a tune with only 909 samples. Right now. Post up or shaddup.

:dunce:

2 Likes

909 open hat is life

5 Likes

I’ll take you up on that… tomorrow…

tunes banging meight. el-b vibes but of course drums aren’t as good. not saying they’re bad, not just at el-b level which is impossible to achieve

1 BigUp

© a swamp81 artist or julio bashmore in 2011

1 BigUp

oh baby

Hey ninjas! Any tips on creating that super warm liquidy sub bass like Alix did in this tune?

I’ve tried and tried and don’t really know how to get there and I’d love to learn that.

Another cool tune which uses this technique:

sounds like lowpassed detuned squarewaves/triangles to my ears, maybe with an extremely wide layer of harmonics on top, at least in that alix perez tune.

maybe a bandpass filter with keytracking on

Yeah just sounds like a lowpassed reese to me, normally I make them with detuned saws but squares or triangles will work too. Super super simple sound to make, just have 2 oscillators playing the same waveform slightly detuned by a few cents (I usually go somewhere between 10-20 cents) and then whack a low pass filter on it, also you can try adding chorus and reverb to spice it up a little

If you’re using operator this tutorial is pretty good, by about 5.30 into the video it has that deep sound you’re looking for, he’s using saw waves but try using different wave forms for different results

2 Likes

Thanks guys I will try this as soon as I open DAW. I always go for squarewaves so I have to try this with saw waves instead.

Maybe it’s easier than I thought. I think what I was looking for in particular is the effect chain (widening / rvb) which makes the sound lush.

if you’re going for width then I think chorus and reverb will get you close to where you want to be

1 BigUp

Why not make a yearly DSF sample pack, everyone contributes 1-2 samples or loops. You could see different styles and techniques. Thought this up while dreaming for some reason…

1 BigUp

sorry i dont have speakers on so cant listen to the example
but remember this being cool

Hold tight fam. About to drop a giant sample dump on yerz faces.

:poop:
 ⇩
:man_facepalming:

3 Likes

:grinning:

:hmm:

So should we do it?

1 BigUp