RAP 2027.

ahh 'course

my brain refuses to remember federal /state stuff

we have communes and counties which is confusing enough

2 Likes

The Georgia statute defines racketeering more broadly than the federal law does. In addition, it takes less to prove a pattern of racketeering activity under the Georgia statute than the federal one.

rip thugger

1 BigUp

Atlanta rapper Young Thug, who’s accused of conspiracy to violate Georgia’s RICO Act and participation in a criminal street gang, is facing six new felony charges along with four others linked to the case.10. aug. 2022

so its very loosey goosey

its only ‘conspiracy to violate’ so if they can use the car rental name to count as ‘financing’ its probably gonna stick

if birdman was your manager lol, then you’re fucked

1 BigUp

Rico’s cases aren’t based on evidence for the most part tho it’s literally just a conspiracy charge for groups that’s why they’re so hard to beat because they don’t have to prove you did it just prove that you knew about it

not sure but maybe its like that
insane

You don’t even have to know about individual crimes - just be part of an ongoing criminal organisation

so a fan in the crowd of a concert on video throwing a dub is enough lol
ffs

lol

did he rent it knowing the dudes were gonna kill somebody or did he order the dudes to do it renting them the car?

It doesn’t matter either way. At best it brings it down from first degree manslaughter to second degree manslaughter but on top of all this other shit it’s irrelevant. Thugger’s getting life in prison unless he pulls a fucking Kodak and gets a pardon

Trump not In office though soooo

Say what you will abt trump but he was always a real ass mf and the hood always respected him. You never know with Biden though he may go out with a bang just like trump

Well what happened in the past 7 years?

“Donald trump before 2015” learn to read dumbass I’m not talking about him now I literally said before 2015

You definitely not Black

My mom is biracial (half black and half white) and my dad is Asian

lol he could win me over with that but unfortunately he cant pardon state verdicts

1 BigUp

oh ofcourse

i immediately forgot state/federal :cowboy_hat_face: :cowboy_hat_face: :cowboy_hat_face: :disguised_face: :disguised_face: :face_with_monocle:

he could kill the prosecutors and pardon himself :pray:

1 BigUp

so real

im 3/4ths blackanese is my fav defense

its like mullen wrote this
https://www.reddit.com/r/YoungThug/comments/um7zlx/im_not_gonna_lie_to_yall_thug_and_gunna_are/

1 BigUp

slapping lil uzi leak

Every morning

Okay. @Harkat

To me rap music and culture deserved to disconnect from 90s rap w trap, drill, etc and be reborn away from NY and LA - that was the healthiest both creatively and sociopolitically, because it is stale af. (And it is still going on and it kind of happened w Migos, Future etc)

But, ‘‘who’s fault’’ is it that Kendrick and Kanye still seem to maybe be the biggest proponents of rap still now in 2022?
(Or are they not really, and people dont listen to them to the degree it seems they do)

Is it because rap turned into pop music, so the nostalgic, regressive, industrial (industry-al) power dynamics want these boring rappers because they are the easiest ‘pieces’ to commodify and sell via the old channels. … like on some 'the least amount of questions will be raised against it, the least critical voices will overpower - trying or continuing to sell the same product as 30 years ago…

or is the same reason as always that america is super racist and Kendrick, Kanye and maybe one more guy with a K is uncle tom’ed white broad culture products? - which then leaves room for a thriving culture that doesnt super-include these dudes music really

does it even make sense?

or is it that rap is so big that different groups of people can have their own levels of black culture music

or is it that rap is now for old people and old people listen to this kendrick and kanye shit ?

kanye is reality tv too - not a mogul but a mongul

fx
i think that is exactly what the weeknd did
he changed into the whitest pseudo 80s bullshit with big dumb snares and shit new wave keyboard stuff - where when he came up, he was actually kind of sick and a lil dangerous and drug aesthetic-y
i refuse to even mention drake whos a neo-liberal disease personified :eyes:

a transmitted std that both steals and empowers others by featuring

a disease the industry unleashed into the real subsets of local styles and cultures - that then returns with bits sucked soulless and then resold

3 Likes

big dumb questions for harkitty

@hubb saw this on twitter and thought of your post

1 BigUp

Jerry Seinfeld?

1 BigUp

I think so

1 BigUp

like in ozarks which is pretty good, that one skinny b always pulls up w her man-car playing 90s rap in that extremely cringe way where tupac and guru is the same vibe because its from the same decade

golden era should be illegal for a while

i listened to jay-z and nas beef, those two tracks and they suck so much its almost unreal

I think ‘real hip-hop’ guys are now at an age in their 30s and 40s where they can put the music they grew up listening to in media.

Like in Euphoria, where you have zoomer kids predominantly listening to 90s hip hop for some inexplicable reason, until you realise the guy who created it is 37 and is using music that’s relevant to his generation and not Youngboy or whatever.

2 Likes

oh that makes total sense
its definitely some memberberry thing but then memberberry + influence and white money makes even more sense