Rap (In languages other than English)

like in that song “j’theme” he says “c’est a 90 bpm que j’ai Grandi” like Graundee instead of grandzi and I had a few friends from northern France who sounded like that.

well Britanny isn’t exactly in the North of France y’know, it’s in the West!

And no that accent is definitely fuckin’ québécois, no way French people would pronounce it like that!

you know french people used to speak like quebecois people before the revolution right? we speak like that still today because we didnt have the language reform you had afterwards when France abandonned its mercantile colonies to the english.

minus all the modern loan words from north american english and words for things that are regionally specific, but at its core, Quebec French is closer to “real” French of olde.

Man my French is no where near as good as it used to be :confused: having a lot of trouble understanding some of this stuff

I don’t understand at all lol, then again I’ve never spent heaps of time paying attention to lyrics.

never seen the video for this til now. :cheese:

1 BigUp

lookatchu droping some Fabe on this. Bigap tbh

used to play the instrumentals out a lot, i have 0 idea of what is being said ha ha.

its all v truhed. anything fabe, IAM, Scred Connexion is all putting down knowledge. Its mostly about the plight of muslims looking to get the word out that they respect French culture and wanting to be respected as french citizens. Not a single fuccboi verse to be heard. Lots about helping their community side-step the trap and not fuck around with drugs and shit. Real reasonable krs type shit but less preachy.

“Je n’suis pas un cowboy, j’ai ni fusil ou harmonica”

:grin:

speaking of french hip hop, heads up, this classic album is getting repressed:

speaking of classics, this jsut hit the shelves again!

http://www.scredconnexion.com/scred/fr/vinyls/855-album-vinyl-2-bal-2-neg-3-fois-plus-efficace.html

1 BigUp

Bad Bunny is the meta rn bro

@Harkat @particle-jim @mks

This song came to mind last week when we were having a discussion on Trip-Hop on another forum. I’ve always liked the pads.

There were a lot of French rappers.

2 Likes

Liked for intro pad instantly. Brb listening.

1 BigUp

This changed my life bro. Fuck thats crunchy!!

1 BigUp