Running a night

Ez lads, me and some mates have begun talking about putting on a night some point this year hopefully. Gonna be doing some of our own research, but just curious if anyone here has any tips etc… from their own experiences

4 Likes

What kind of music?

if you can avoid dealing with agents then do ! oh and paying for facebook sponsored posts is a waste of money

2 Likes

Probably not gonna focus on any one genre, so let’s just say “bass music”

OoOoOoOo

2 Likes

where you based btw? we probably made money once out of all these parties tbf but that was always going to be the case in northampton and at the end of the day, it was worth it every fucking time

https://www.residentadvisor.net/promoter.aspx?id=53767

Ahh thank you! Will definitely be keeping this in mind, how much were venues charging when you ran a night? Only been in contact with one venue so far since it’s still early days and they were saying around £300 for hire plus £1200 for security, tech & bar

Slough, but would probably be looking to run it in London since it’s closish and everyone involved apart from one guy lives in or around London

i don’t know owt about throwing parties in london but that seems like absolutely loads of money?

1 BigUp

OoOoOoOo

2 Likes

OoOoOoOo

2 Likes

As sick as it would be, I don’t think we’re looking to book somewhere like corsica atm haha. Probably just a lowkey venue ideally.

Also if you thought that price was bad, one of my mates is talking about hiring a sound system which apparently would be about £1000 & they wanna do a set. Plus he doesn’t want us to play on the night even though only me and him are the only people who really regularly dj from the group, so really I’m trying to reign him in atm :cornlol:

OoOoOoOo

Unclear

From experience, running in well lit areas is the safest option. Take a whistle or run with a partner if you have concerns about certain neighbourhoods. Also, wear some hi-vis so you’re easily spotted by motorists.

5 Likes

:cornlol:

The venue that’s charging 1500 doesn’t have a bad system, but my one mate really wants to have a really good sound system so trynna curb his enthusiasm for that and get a bit realistic. Gonna get in contact with some more venues this week and see what kinda prices are being set

OoOoOoOo

1 BigUp

I read the thread title and also assumed it was about nocturnal jogging :joy:

3 Likes

I didn’t realise I put an “at” instead of “a” until your comment :cornlol:

2 Likes