Selling my collection (unsure)

Hey community, been doing some thinking and im really unsure wether to sell my record collection or not, ive been collecting for so long but i feel like theres no point anymore,i cant think of many reasons to keep them, if anyone could give me any advice if theyve been in the same situation would be gratefull :slight_smile:

Do you still play them? Will you miss them if you sell them?

If not sell them…first dibs tho yeh? :badteeth:

I play them from time to time, the goal was to just mix with them for fun but ive lost intrest, i would miss them but knowing i can just listen to them on youtube makes me think its pointless having them, and yeh sure on first dibs, got a lot of rare ones for cheaper prices that i dont mind selling

it’s up to you man…and I don’t want to try and sway your decision for my own benefit :lol_og: I know I’d miss miss mine if I sold them but I still enjoy mixing with them so i’m not interested in selling anything. I know you’ve got some percys tho, so if you do decide to sell I don’t think you’d have any trouble getting rid of them…i’m defo interested anyway :onethumb:

I know dont worry about persuading me ahah, probably best someone does im terrible at making decisions,i think the only thing id miss is physically having them but then thats being selfish, i know others could put them to better use, the only purpose i use them for is listening so i think its best if i sell them, i need to set up online banking first but if you want anything in perticular let me know and i can give you a price :slight_smile:

1 BigUp

you might regret it in 10 years or so. i dunno how long you’ve been collecting though and how many memories you have connected to the tunes.

got a list though? i’ve not bought anything new in a while but i’m still after a few older bits.

Kinda had the same problem gettjng rid of ones I collected before I started mixing, couldn’t really mix with them, were nice to listen to on occasions but same as you were all on YouTube.

I’d say always keep nice picture sleeves, always nice to put on the wall if nothing else, not sure if you’re uk based but poundland were selling record frames a couple of weeks ago :+1:

Ones that are nice to chill to after work or whatever are always worth keeping, you never know when the mood will strike (unless you’re getting rid of decks too).

And if mates ever go back to yours before/after a rave maybe keep a few anthems.

Good luck!

Tbh i rarely play them anyway, never have the time and unfortunately none of my friends are intrested in the same music :frowning: only been collecting for about 3years so not loads of memories but still a few

Heres my collection for any intrested (anti war dub NOT for sale sorry) https://www.discogs.com/user/matt_lawrence18/collection?page=8

2 Likes

after checking whether you have Twisup VIP

If I were you mate I would sift out the stone cold classics and sell the rest, cos once you let those go you will likely never see another copy again and then regret it in a little while. Am thinking of doing a similar thing myself although more from a sentiment than monetary point of view as I’ve never gone after the ‘legendary’ plates as such.

I think matt’s changed his mind…which is a wise decision, defo don’t sell if ur unsure imo

I had cay’s crays in the cart as well :corncry:

If you’re thinking about it then your foot is already halfway out the door.

Just rip the tunes that are more important to you and sell them.

After thinking for a while about it decided to keep them, not sure what i was thinking in the first place ahaha, sorry for wasting anyones time, thanks for everyones input :slight_smile:

2 Likes

U NASTY LITTLE TEASE

good shout keeping them, really good collection

plz rip all ur grime and send it to me in a zip

1 BigUp