Studio monitors under £250?

@agent47 that is what I’m doing. It doesn’t sound good haha. But why is it not a great idea? Like what is happening/not happening that makes it a bad idea.?

@cyclopian thanks man! Given me a bunch more stuff to research haha. I will make a purchase one day. But it’s a big outlay and I want it to be right. I know it’s the producer and not the equipment but still… semi decent gear would be nice.

Yeah it’s def worth taking your time and just getting something decent to start with. Buy nice or buy twice etc

1 BigUp

I run passive nearfield monitors and I have been using Hafler amplifiers for them. They sound good.

Also, for my other workstation I have some IK Multimedia iLoud active speakers that sound really nice for their size.

1 BigUp

which halfers do you use and which monitors? just curious

Lemme look. One blew a channel so I got a new used one that was even more powerful than the previous one right before I moved. It is still currently in the box.

It is a Hafler TA1600. I still have the TA1100 lying around which could probably still be fixed.

1 BigUp

Sorry bro fell asleep

Umm quality mainly. there’s jitter/noise/latency from your standard sound card, the interface would have a way better one… and if you’ve ever done that thing where you wack in your jack, your amps full blast, there’s a bang, you shit your pants… well you could also blow ur speakers simultaneously the way your doing it

2 Likes

Rokit themselves don’t even give that information for these monitors from what i can see so ¯_(ツ)_/¯