Stuff That Should Be Improved

It’s on our todo list (user’s custom themes), but there are higher priority stuff on it at the moment.

Soon will be, we are still not forcing people to use the new platform.

it’s only for new users - only for 1st day of use - to prevent spam accounts to leave thousands messages before moderators have time to ban. this actually happened once on old forum, causing huge problems - and this simple measure would have prevented it.

fair

I guess you are referring to different ways of reading the forum:
Latest DSF Community (default on homepage now)
Categories Categories - DSF Community (what you suggest)
Is that it?
You can choose which “view” do you prefer on top of the forum’s homepage.
Right now we put Latest as default because it gives better overview of what is being discussed at the forum,
but if you are interested in one specific category only, you can always click on it and you get a list of all topics in that category, for example Grime Grime / Bass - DSF Community

done

with the new url redirecting everyone here, you might wanna change that topic to something useful instead: How to Change Username

1 BigUp

this place needs a “view your posts”/egosearch option where you can see all the threads you posted in. i know you can see all your posts in user profile but it’s individual posts, not threads.
right now the default view just forces you to see new threads or all categories. only thing that gets close to this is “unread” but they just disappear after

1 BigUp

Hi @ultraspatial, you are right - this thing is missing so I’ve just added it. Refresh and search for My Posts in the top menu.

3 Likes

nice! big up andy. that was one of my favorite functions of the old forum, glad we have it now

i used the view my post page way more than browsing the actual subforums, especially since we had so many long running threads. i probably used it 90% of the time and actually visited the forums 10% just to look at new threads.

Is there any way to view in pages?

I hate infinite scroll websites

this what you’re looking for?

https://community.dsf.ninja/categories

same, thought i was the only one

Yeah you didn’t really, but I knew it wasn’t going to embed the video
when I put the link in spoiler tags :smile:

What you can’t embed soundcloud links in your sig anymore???

This first post needs updating in production it still has the default shizzle

1 BigUp

Any chance we can get links to open in a new tab? Most other forums I go on this happens, but on here they still open in the same tab (same on the old dsf)

In preferences, there’s a checkbox that reads ‘open all links in new tabs’ or something like that. Just click it & save. :wink:

3 Likes

sweet, nice one

Yeh I noticed this last night so just flag them and I’ll sort it out!

you sound fun, fam