System/ V.I.V.E.K

This may seem alittle odd, but who the fuck is buying all these records? Like we are on the “biggest” dubstep forum in the world you could count like I duno 20 or 30 of them across this site.

Theres no real nights outside of the BIG ones like system and dmz (in London atleast) , nobody really talks about it much anymore yet there is still thousands of records being sold out in 1hour windows.

Loads of EU or USA buyers? Im just horribly out of touch?! Ive no idea.

tanmushimushi?

if i’m not broke, i try to get my copy

people using forums are a minority in 2015 though… System has 7k fans on Facebook, add the vinyl-only exclusive effect which is both attraction in itself for some and an incentive to buy as soon as it’s released, it’s not that surprising that they sell out quickly!

Ah yeah I guess. Its bizarre to feel like im in a bubble of some kind but I guess that comes from being in London.
I imagine Brighton, Leeds and Bristol you can run into the same guys over and over, but here you can completely miss huge chunks just cos you haven’t linked via a mutual friend on FB or something.

Like I could book ( and will) the guys putting out these records and be half scared nobody would show as “dubsteps dead” Unless bizarrely you are DMZ and can bring out anyone with a passing interest haha
The same way I dont know whos buying all the stuff like Arkital and Tempas new stuff? Nobody ever talks about it on here and youd think of all places it would be on here haha
I only know my mate has the Thelem artikal bit, the rest kind of blur into dungeon plodstep sounds every preview I whack on.

Slight tangent but w/e

That’s a good point, when you read comments on FKOF and other dubstep/bass blogs or pages, people are really excited about releases. Doesn’t matter whether the label is established, or fresh and rather unknown. On here, it seems only a few still care about and follow the 140 scene. I’d say most dubstep listeners are active on Facebook and social media, but definitely not on the DSF.

think ill make a thread about it.

Jealous as fuck I cant go System :frowning: I know Im going to Glastonbury but fuck if it was a week later… GOD. oh well.

yh true, and i think thats unfortunate. its more of a musicforum now, i mean its cool but i would appreciate a sceneinternal forum way more

Represses of Backyard / Tic and the recent VIVEK release are also up on Redeye.

Guess I’ll cop another copy of SYSTM009 :stuck_out_tongue:

Links:

V.I.V.E.K - One Per-Customer Square Off / Slippin : System Sound Systm009
Las - One Per-Customer Backyard / Tic : System Sound Systm007

thinking about doing that too. my copy from system is also a bit warped and kinda scratched up :confused:

That didn’t come up on the iPhone.

nudge and a wink from the big man quest

Quests already played aint he?

Still hoping for Ishan Sound.

GWARNVILLE its this weekend

Doubt it’ll be Quest, could see Silkie playin tho as his set with Krome at that NY was mad short

Joe Nice has got bare UK dates from the week after so…?

Regardless it’ll be a huge dance, if Ishan’s involved it’ll go off the guys got mad productions

For those of you that haven’t been able to grab this tune yet, check us out got plenty in stock for you!
Click here

1 BigUp

He will be in Denmark on the Saturday so very possible!

VIVEK remixed by Kahn?

I think it’s just a new Vivek dub

Stumbled across this shot, thought it was pretty cool

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11903887_653182841484693_1979900947659669721_n.jpg?oh=91dd7a2c448628eaa71203232851ad1d&oe=56797DFD