The 100 BPM Contest 4th Circle of Hell

Kinda want to get outside my comfort zone a bit on this one - instead of just playing around and seeing where the samples take me, think I’ll either make something with a stock set of sounds and then swap 'em out with new ones made from the samples… Or set out to “make” a “genre” piece.

Or maybe both.

Nah that’s too much lol. One or the other.

Mp3 <3

I want to make one that tells a story but idk if I can do that

1 BigUp

I think you can, given the amount of verbal content (sung or spoken) in these.

ima do this shit
edit: jesus christ theres a chop snare in there
edit 2: 2 of them are in mp3 which means i have to convert them u guys suck

i can give you guys the wav files… i was just concerned it may be difficult for you people to download considering its like 200mb

Here is the link for the wav versions

WAVs are for pussies, we are back at 90s now (which I don’t know anything about because I was born in 90s), re-inventing think-break once again just for the sake of elitism.

1 BigUp

I only use >192k/256 bit samples sourced from limited editions. Sorry. il n’y a aucun moyen que je peux être dérangé avec ce tripes.

1 BigUp

Thought of an interesting idea… make a song in w/e bpm. Export, reimport and convert it to 100bpm

1 BigUp

@cyclopian

You still gonna do a mix of the tunes from v.3? Saving them for ya.

oh ya, just send em over

Just realized I accidentally erased the producer name of one of 'em… :poop:

p much finished mine and super happy with how it turned out :smiley:
was just what i needed recently as ive been losing focus musically for a while so thx to sam for recommending i do this one

1 BigUp

Just got done with a bit of hoohaa.

Got some good glitches from these. Will probably go looking for more. I want a fleet of percussion

My song has turned into a pile of garbage .-.

Mine turned into garbage at the moment I started making it but who cares, it’s for the challenge anyway…

1 BigUp

Yeah, my conceit about getting out of my comfort zone turned into a steaming pile of dung.

:weary:

'Bout to come with the reboot.

Yeah I made a bunch of really good beats but nothing was what I wanted it to be and then it slowly turned to ass

I know that feeling man, on comp 3, I had 2 tracks in progress, one being a bit trappy or something and other one some really experimental and sounded awful. Scrapped both and finally didn’t give a shit anymore and made brosteppy 100bpm beat that got scrapped after the comp anyway.

2 Likes