The 40 best Dubstep tracks as told by Fact

Why’s it obvious? For all we know the poster is 12 years old. Nothing to get worked up about either way.

Saying there’s nothing dubsteppy about AWD is like saying there’s nothing metal about Slayer. I just thought it was a funny thing to say.

But if your only knowledge of dubstep is Skrillex, it’d be easy to say why AWD has none of the similar elements.

In the case of your example, if someone only listens to Papa Roach as their source for ‘metal’ then playing them Reign In Blood might elicit the same response.

Whatever, just bored of the automatic ‘hey guys check out this dumbass lolol’ responses when it’s not really warrented.

4 Likes

Hey if his feelings are hurt I’ll be the first to hand him a handkerchief, but it really seemed like trolling to me.

Given most of your responses in the complextro thread, the same could be said about you;

How is that statement trolling at all?

Edit: said that in response to @NeonCloud saying : “You clearly know nothing about composing music and electronic music production.”

How is it not?

You and I must have very different definitions of trolling, because to me trolling is saying something intentionally to make someone angry or confused.

A good example of trolling (to me): going into a Christian-themed forum and saying “What’s the big deal with this Jesus guy anyway? Is he really that great?”

guyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyysssss

cmonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

shutuppp

2 Likes

sorrryyyyyyy

Back to topic, and looking back over the list, anyone else surprised it’s Coki’s “Tortured/Shattered” that they chose for the only solo Coki plate? I always found those tunes to be really good, but not like “Best Dubstep 12s Ever” worthy…

Mhm, only other Coki contender would be Officer / Mood Dub. Wouldn’t call it a bad pick.

Right I forgot they stipulated a 2009 cut-off, was gonna say DGIT vol.1 is superior IMO, but that’s 2011 (also double 12" so I guess that’s out)

everyone prepad your trouser seats for potential butthurt

again i think this is a brave stab if you’re trying to sum them up in 10 releases and show off all the styles and periods the label went through- fantastic shout on infinity is now/junktion, tear my hair out mixing it but it’s something special

frankly tho bahl fwd/temptation, system/molten r severely lacking- fair they were trying to pick one that summed up that period but i love these tunes so much, same goes for cyrus prophecy but respect for picking from the shadows, gutter on there is a personal

probably also shoulda rolla, and vivek’s against the tide release and dark sky- double U!

Yeah 28g is still such a track

ITS A MINUS DEGREE

1 BigUp

I like the list a lot,but…

The thing I rate about Tectonic is they have tunes massive tunes from top guys and bring in new talent, but they also have people you wouldn’t expect on the label and they do stuff you wouldn’t usually associate them with.

For example Jakes, usually associated with tear out stuff and comes with

and

Then you’ve got Roska, usually considered a funky producer

and

• stuff like Shoulda Rolla, Aspestos,

But yeah, they’ve got some top quality tunes in their discogs so it’s really hard to pick 10, especially when trying to talk about they most iconic tunes.

I’ve got like 40 Tectonic records so I’m a huge fanboy anyway.

Time Ends is one of the most underrated dubstep tunes man

Mixes extremely well with Kode9 remix of Distant Lights

1 BigUp

yeah the Darqwan tune on the flip is big too

fuck, forgot about time ends. love the beat on it