Classic "Take a Photo of Your Set-Up" dj playmobiledisco

You need a multi tiered keyboard stand.

2 Likes

+1, you could make much better use of that space with like an a-frame stand or something

1 BigUp

Yeah a multi-tiered stand might be the way to go. If I setup a keyboard stand (for the Moog+JP) next to the L-shaped desk then I could fit my turntables+mixer on the L-desk where the Sub Phatty currently is. It’s def be nice to have the tables in that area too so I could record from its mixer to my DAW again like I used to be able to do.

That sounds like the way to go.

maybe a rug that triggers psychosis is key

Sauce (or Source) :kissing_heart:

Here is my set-up from around 2005

LOL

9 Likes

zef shit

1 BigUp

Here is my 2 by1 meter studio, so tiny :corncry:
Also less than ideal speaker placement but I’m happy I managed to cram it all in there

6 Likes

so jealous that everyone has technics :weary:

Beg, borrow, steal, blag, hustle, etc :badteeth:

2 Likes

pointless buying decks which aren’t technics tbh

eh. :neutral_face: for somewhone who was completely new to djing,I think it was good that i didn’t drop $500-600 on something I wasn’t even sure I liked. I’ll invest when I have a job and money.

true, but in that case it’s a choice between dropping $300 on some shit decks and selling them for $100 later, or dropping $500-600 on some technics and selling them for $500-600 later

4 Likes

Yeah I agree I don’t see the point in buying anything other than Technics. Just get a mixer to plug into your laptop if you wanna see if you enjoy it or not… if you’ve already decided you wanna invest in vinyl you may as well invest in a pair of turntables you won’t need to replace for 20 years.

Buy shit buy twice, that’s what my ol’ nan used to say.

1 BigUp

Good point. I was impatient and really didn’t want to wait to save up.

I started off on a Technics SL-D2, another Technics belt-driven turntable and a Radio Shack mixer.

Go for it!

yeah to be fair, before i got 1210s i went through:
1x set of shit citronic belt drives
1x set of vestax pdt-5000
1x set of vestax pdx-2000
1x set of vestax pdt-5000 (again)
1x pdx-2000 and 1x other vestax deck, the weird battle-style one
and about 20 mixers.
now settled on 1210s + old xone:32, which is what i wanted when i fkn started djing to begin with :pensive:

just saying, if i could do it again, i’d have sucked it up, saved pennies and gone straight for 1210s. i started djing with the intention of playing out and practiced mixing a lot before my first proper gigs, but being accustomed to vestax pdx-2000s (which are fucking great decks) did not help when adjusting to 1210s on the fly in front of a crowd.
it’s like the opposite of going from belt drives to directs - you’re only just getting used to the torque and pitch at the end of your 60 min set. it’s not a good look.
after enough gigs you will adjust to 1210s regardless of what you have at home, but if you’re not lucky enough to get a residency based on your selection (like i did, jah bless) rather than your mastery of the equipment then you’re gonna embarrass yourself in front of people quite a lot.

plus they’re built like a brick shithouse and hold their resale value.

4 Likes

I’ve kinda already learned my lesson with shit equipment. Just a few months ago threw out a cheap mixer and bought an ecler nuo 2.0. Sounds great and feels even better. Well worth spending $400.

My first turntable if you wanted to change from 33 to 45 you had to take the platter off and move the belt by hand.

6 Likes