Classic "Take a Photo of Your Set-Up" dj playmobiledisco

I’ve done in before with the KP2 and Ableton. I don’t know how extensive FL’s MIDI CC implementation is but that is what you are going to have to edit.

Best setup ever…

2 Likes

My upgraded setup (temporarily) My friend lent me his Korg Minilogue and a set of Monitors. Talk about a bedroom producer :violin_og:

4 Likes

so little sunlight this time of year…finally got some lights back up for my cozy little mixing space!

2 Likes

always has to be the kitchen table

1 BigUp

lol big up the “too lazy to close the welcome to ableton pane on the right hand” massive

9 Likes

topmo3 is a confirmed maniac esp with the limited screen space, how could you not close that? haha

2 Likes

Genelecs, nice

1 BigUp

3 Likes

You need some like whorehouse wallpaper or sth man

Finally moved into my place set up looking nice I feel I need to move my decks tho because the window is so heavy with no pulls system so you have to proper get under it

Btw

For a budget ‘home booth’ I put two upside down Tesco delivery crates and a flat door on the top can easily fit 4 chan mixer 2 turnies and 2 cd decks and saves you shredding your back

8 Likes

Looks well nice !:slight_smile:

i know it might seem a bit counter intuitive but you shouldn’t angle your krks inwards like that, put them against the wall so they are squared and you will get a wayy better stereo image and balance :slight_smile:

nice set up tho, diggin the large artwork behind the mixer

1 BigUp

Is that advice specific to those KRK’s or the room situation? This is the first time I’m hearing about this. My speakers are at an angle of roughly 60 degrees. The ones in the picture are definitely angled too far inwards, I think we’ll agree on that.

for near field monitors in general they are mostly designed to be square from each other, some small angle of adjustment is usually necessary but typically a very small amount. Really messes up the stereo image when you angle the speakers towards each other as they are not designed to be set up like that and it totally starts changing the mono center point and making a lot of mud in your center channel

in the photo, one of the monitors is in the corner, which is always going to be a problem tbh, but i think starting square is the best option.

2 Likes

Thought all monitors are directed towards you when they are sitting straight, swapping left and right over would sound like shit i guess, sound would be going in the opposite direction away from the listener

been a sec since i posted my own in here, proper soundboy cave in here now

9 Likes

Any evidence for this? There’s numerous accounts that suggest you should angle them
inwards. This is what I learned in school too. I go by fixed rules that help you determine the
distance between the speakers, your distance from the speakers and the angle.

I’d be seriously surprised if you can give me a reputable source on this.
I’m talking speakers with woofer and tweeter in line. Not Focal’s with 7 drivers or something :sweat_smile:

Nice setup cyclo!

I’ll fight you both over this. Gloves off.

I have just read it in a few places, i can’t back it up, would have to research and can’t be arsed lol