The Original Growl Bass Thread (Official)

Hey guys just finished rather long project, i really enjoyed trying to imitate Brig on growls and well basically in everything and would appreciate honest opinions on this:

Also just uploaded a video on how it looks like in Fl Studio:

erryone over here trying to make skrillex growls and im here still trying to figure out how trampa makes his shit. He’s insane, the only thing I can think of is a comb filter over a distorted sound. But Holy fuck, trampa is destroying it :stuck_out_tongue:

mm… I think skrillex takes the cake

Hey, i have got an question, now that i made the remake of Brig and got the growls somewhat correctly at least for my own liking since i didn’t have basically any feedback, have you just used the same sounds on other tracks too? as in not designing new sound on every track for example on that remake i used the same drone bass growl i designed on my Harry Potter Hedwig’s theme as one of the layers but tweaked it slightly and changed the performer so it would fit to the composition and other sound designs of course. But yeah i guess it would be easier to make more tracks with same design or if not even make them on top of the project as i think i got even effects and mixing/mastering somewhat correctly, it does sound good to me and had fun making it so why not?

I JUST MADE SKRILLEX https://clyp.it/m0jdy2gi

lol jk but it’s as close as i think i can get

[EDIT] made some more automation: https://clyp.it/svnnqkmd

Can anyone tell me how I can get that distorted screeching sound skrillex has on the top of his growls?

Drop it an octave and mess more with ott and phasers, should get you closer

1 BigUp

I like what you did with the automation. However, the processing is pretty much off…
The pitch-bend also, I like. But the source sound and processing to me is off.

I like what you did though

what I want to say, if you’re trying to sound like skrillex and you’re on FL, I’m very sorry for you.

1 BigUp

Ayy we should start talking again :smiley:

1 BigUp

yes

He’s 100% right with this… Unless you can make some sort of complex patcher preset then you won’t be getting anywhere near the skrillex growls

1 BigUp

well making a complex patcher preset is something I’ve done, and it does work. Although the artifacts are way too strong and disturb the actual sound. FL’s audio engine isn’t precise enough for a starter.

EDIT: and I would post a clyp, but that would give away too much of the sound, because the creation process is also shown in that clyp and I don’t have a computer to make another one.

1 BigUp

the more movement the better, although if you know what you’re doing you aren’t going to need that many phasers to get what you’re aiming for.

https://clyp.it/bt4ocwib Here’s what I’ve been getting recently

your older growl was way better

Which?

idk the one you sent me on skype was actually kinda good, to the point where when I heard it later, I thought it was an old spitfya growl.

It’s nowhere near a spitfya growl :stuck_out_tongue: but thanks for the compliment

1 BigUp

that’s why I said old. I mean from like the blaze days

Ahh I see