The Reaper Thread

Wouldn’t a template require you to have the same vsts and folder paths? I haven’t used it in a while but I thought I moved some stuff then when I loaded the track it just had the info about what was there but no actual audio etc

Yeah, that’s why I mentioned the stock plugs.

I’m halfway there so will share when it’s a little more fleshed out. Don’t trust my knowledge as much as I used to - had a couple epiphanies lately about what I’ve been doing wrong for a long time and having to relearn from scratch as time permits. Well worth it tho. Tbh wish I could just enroll somewhere like SAE and learn it all properly and not worry about income… but in the meantime it’s YouTube and teh Interwebz.

1 BigUp

One must choose their own template.

:ninja:

1 BigUp

I’ve got a weird glitch in Reaper.
Been working on a track for a week or so - all fine.

And now today it won’t load, it crashes Reaper on startup.
All other Reaper files are fine. Haven’t used any new plugins.

Very strange.
It’s a shame cuz I hated the track but persevered because I knew it had something… yesterday it started to click together, and now it’s dead.

any error messages? iirc there’s a way to load a project with fx offline

Nope nothing - it does what it does as if it’s loading then at the point where the project screen comes up it just dies.

https://www.google.com/search?q=reaper+load+project+crash+site:forum.cockos.com

1 BigUp

Have tried deleting a plugin that could be causing the problem but it isn’t that.
Crash report says:

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0 com.maizesoft.MSP 0x00000001106e9442 MSample::~MSample() + 36

I’d defo get on the Reaper board and ask for help - it’s a pretty helpful community.

1 BigUp

Found something useful.
If you want to add an extra couple bars somewhere in the middle of your track.

Highlight the amount of extra space you need

Right click and select “Insert empty space at selection”

VOila!

2 Likes

Love this for working on song structure. I find it easier to start with something really basic amd general and then expand it with different breaks or alternate sections sometimes just a pause/transition of a bar or two. Or a whole different 16bar segment somewhere in the middle. Seems like a small function but I use it all the time now

2 Likes

Since the thread is active for a time again…

1 BigUp

I know i’ve asked before but i can’t find what thread it was in.
Anyone recommend some beginner tutorials for Reaper?

1 BigUp

I think the dudes name is Kenny Goyer. He has YT tutes on pretty much every little thing in Reaper. Think his channel is called ReaperMania

2 Likes

ReaperMania and ReaperBlog on youtube.

also just fyi the new v6 theme has a load of stuff hidden by default, i’d recommend throwing one of the older ones on or adjusting it in theme adjuster

1 BigUp

I dunno what any of this means lol

@Hibbie There’s a new major version of reaper since like february and it looks a bit different than the old one, some buttons are hidden by default :cornsidedown:

2 Likes

Im always scared to update things precisely because of this!! :smile:

1 BigUp

Kenny Gioia.

His NJ accent makes me chuckle every time but dude knows his shit and explains it well.

http://www.kennymania.com/reaper-videos/

1 BigUp

That’s the dude.
I love his accemt and speech patterns.

So watchoo wanna do. Is godown here.
We click dat…

open a sahmple.
Ahfter youve done… that you wanna.

Click on this.

1 BigUp