Trynna recreate warhead

DJ krusts.

Been Trynna recreate that sound that kicks in on the 32 bar fir the last few hours and it puzzles me. It’s 2 or 3 different sounds layered and I dunno if his knob pitch bending is not sound the same as my plotted on the timeline. I just can’t seem to get it, I’ll try again tomorrow

1 BigUp

kinda sounds like me like a resonant filter on a synth into a bitcrusher, filter cutoff automated

1 BigUp

The whistling noise over the drop? Or the sound hitting on the 2 & 4?

1 BigUp

very wet gated / modulated reverb for those 2 and 4 hits imo

2 Likes

You probably right

1 BigUp

The bit at 45 seconds… starts with a massive bwooo and then fades off into the high pitched sound that continues. Is that how you think it’s done.
To me it sounds like they change the pitch up and down on two different sounds but the way resonate is so hard to replicate. Like one is a kinda mid wooooo and the other bit does sound bitcrushed.

I’ll try what you said with different t synths but that initial bwoooo could be 3 sounds and the volume pumped for that bit

I’m still on the first bit. Fuck knows what issues I’m going run into by then.

It’s fun Trynna recreate a tune. Helps me with structure better. I can make some lovely sounding loops but my rhythms can be a bit janky.

1 BigUp

Fucking hell this is solid it’s such a mad sound/set of sounds to get right. Might load it in the sampler. I dunno another night of head scratching

Plus the free resonator I installed keeps crashing ableton :weary:

There’s definitely 2 sounds there.
They both seem to start around the same freq.
One pitches down beyond hearing level and then comes back up again, and the other does a long drawn out pitch up to a quite high whistle frequency.
And they both meet somewhere high up, but I think the one that pitches down then goes up high beyond hearing range and drops back in before that big bassy brrrr

The whistley one seems to stay fairly constant

Also this is dope

1 BigUp

@butter_man you might dig this
Krust talking about making Warhead

1 BigUp

Buzzing mate! I’ve been Trynna figure what they fuck be done in that moment to get that sound, what you described is similar to what I been thinking but whenever I combine them there’s always an element missing.

Biggups on the samples too

This reminds me… I never listened back to those tapes I recorded on 5 tabs of acid. Maybe there’s some mad sounds on there some producer in 25 years will be scratching there head going: how did he make that?

2 Likes

Just sounds like he pitches 2 oscs manually on a hardware synth to me.

Confirmed: Paralytik is Krust

1 BigUp

Yeah thought the Warhead drum sample one would help coz it shows the pattern as well. I have a wav of the original drum break if you need it

1 BigUp

I’ve been trying different oscillations on different ableton synths and they always lack an element.

It’s a good excercise in trying to make a sound from scratch but I’ve literally spent about 10 hours trying everything I can, muting and unmuting the clip on its own channel and nothing I do comes close.

I’m gonna give it another crack today

Yeh mate send it over. I recreated them pretty well just by chopping the kick snare and hat from the original but that raffel sound I’ve used sounds a bit off

I’ll send it after work.
ping me a PM later if it gets late and I haven’t done it. My memory is shit these days :badteeth:

1 BigUp

Cheers bro will do

1 BigUp

Listening back now, the audio qualities a bit fuzzy but loads samplable stuff. Fuck I was off it :joy::joy::joy:

As if… listened to one tape, sound. Try the other one, tape player stops working. Even the two old walkmans I’ve acquired aren’t working fffffssss

1 BigUp
1 BigUp