Tuna - The Legend Continues

Thanks dude, yeah summer 2018 I started.
I might revisit this in a few weeksā€¦ The second half is basically a cut and paste of the first as I wanted to get it finished and sent to plastician. Thereā€™s definitely more to be done on it!

Will have a proper listen/review of the tunas over the weekend

@syrup
Not a big fan of the Sting guitar riff at all. Soz.
I prefer the section around 1.30. Bassline is a slinky little number, I dig it.
A few more edits and switches in the drums might be good.

@faultier
Gypsy Woman is good fun. I think the snare could be a bit thicker, bit louder. Ditto some of the percussion, needs more presence.
Krankenfussball is odd. I couldnt get a handle on it sorry. The footwork-y drums around a minute in a pretty cool.
I Got That Beat Now is beauttiful. Loved it! Can I get a copy please? Just lovely synths, bassline, percussion. Everything was great, especially the kick. Such a strong sound.
Gave me early Warp vibes.
I Gotta Say was not my thing. It was well done but it just didnā€™t do it for me. Sorry.

ah no need to apologise m8, tbh thereā€™s also something i find off with gotta say, not sure it flows well and think the snare might be shit lol

will add some finishing touches to I got that beat now this week but Iā€™ll send it to you so that you can post it in another dsf megarchive thread 10 years from now

1 BigUp

Haha that archive was a stress putting together. And thereā€™s not too much I wanna keep hold of these days but I Got That Beat will a keeper for sure

its a stress just going through it lol, think i downloaded this archive on 3 computers already and still havent taken the time to dig through it in details

So much gold in there. Actual bangers that deserved to be massive but sadly never went further than this forum

been a bit hectcic for me, gonna give these a listen soon!

1 BigUp

@faultier

Gotta say - This is alright, sounds good to me from the mixdown standpoint too, but it kind of goes nowhere, i can imagine some variation in chopping the sample/drums/bass etc

I got that beat now - This is nice, i like how the tune keeps ā€œgrowingā€ over time, i would still suggest some variation in the drums maybe.

Krankenfussball - Love this, not much more to say, itā€™s a fun tune. Maybe itā€™s a bit muddy in lower mids area but tbh iā€™m not sure

Just like the old gypsy woman said - Cool tune, kick could come through the mix a bit more. Makes me want to set fire to something for like, no reason.

@sleeps
I think the drums and especially the kick/snare could be a bit quieter and the basslie could come up a bit.
Also it feels kinda empty, maybe look into adding little fx hits, risers, pads & shit in the future, plus what faultier said about the delays/reverbs, itā€™s actually been my favourite thing lately to just automate crazy delay tails haha
I overally like it though, the second part could use some variation though.

And thanks for the feedback guys

i mainly wanted to something with that guitar riff after listening to Ruff Sqwad - Together. If i get back to it, iā€™ll look at chopping it up a bit for some more variation, as well as switching up the drums a bit :slight_smile:

1 BigUp

ah shit lol i knew that sample was familiar ffs

sik sik

mans on road sorry. blessings

that yea tune u posted on SC recently is ace m8

1 BigUp

will try make it for next one

Gonna sit on tuna till new year. If anyone else wants to do one then go for it but Iā€™m in a huge rut musically and im sulking.

Anyway I wanna hang out with the fam, play Xbox and drink and eat over the next couple weeks.

2 Likes

Same, in the process of setting up a new PC and installing Win10. Gonna game after ages, have a Ryzen and GTX1060 combo now yay

1 BigUp

[cough]

:pleading_face:

3 Likes

Little starter. Needs something.

3 Likes

1 BigUp

nice little piece there, assuming you want feedback, one thing for me is that the snare sounds too clean compared to the rest, probs subjective but would try to layer some foley sound with it to give it a more interesting texture, or maybe fuck around with distortion/saturation so it fits better with the rest, imho tbh bbq iirc

1 BigUp

1 BigUp