UK Drill//Trap/Afroswing/social deprivation glorification

Think they’re Islanders/Samoan

This’n?

Why bally up and hide your face when your tatts can easily identify you to the old bill? :thinking:

it was another video where you could glimpse he had a fucking AK in it, probably why it got taken down

and yh some drill rappers go mask on in videos but occasionally show their face on insta too

Watched a few of their/his videos this morn. Most have guns in em tbf :grin:
I love the disclaimer at the beginning of each video. Like that’s going to stand up in court if they get arrested!

Also.
http://news.met.police.uk/news/grime-artist-and-associates-sentenced-to-a-total-of-over-43-years-381371

what is up with those disclaimers? that is not gangsta… or is it?

Cuz the police are coming for drill artists so I suppose the disclaimer gives them an out.
An excuse like It’s just art or something.

1 BigUp

loads of rap videos on the US side have that disclaimer too where the guns arent even illegal, its a precaution

theres still cases of videos getting uploaded leading to mass arrests. IIRC everyone in this video got done

3 Likes

this castro kid is some proper Nas of this scene, painting pictures

2 Likes

That first one is a banger

wierd, legally. I mean, music is always a mix of reality and fantasy.

didn’t realize. It seems sort of obvious though, that if you are promoting yourself as a gangster, and chances are they are or are affiliated, the police might take notice.

legally, I don’t think the disclaimer matters, at least in the US, it’s probably more of a public service to impressionable youngsters.

beat on the new russ tune is dutty

1 BigUp

damn vid got taken down already

new nito

1 BigUp

Damn just seen Moscow17 Loose got 3 and a half years now

His tunes were hard

yeah man, LD & ASAP from 67 both got 4 years. SJ from OFB got 18.

Thanks for putting me on to this guy - v.good

lol been tryna sell people on this dude for months to no avail, big up

Unknown and Final Stories are amazing tunes, very bittersweet but cold at the same time

1 BigUp

Is he still around? So hard to keep up with who’s dead/in jail. Seems like most of these drill guys do music 2nd and are genuine street guys 1st.

When is mizormac suppose to be released?