Using acapellas on a track

U need the PhonemeChoppa plugin blud. PM me for a sweet deal.

:badteeth:

You guys are overthinking it tho.

Treat the acapella like any other instrument; eyes on the peaks, slice n’ shuffle to taste. Vocal transients are different in that they often don’t ‘pop’ sonically like a drum hit but you can still think of them as natural accent points, don’t overthink it.

yeah frankly man i’m still wack at this, even short phrases are giving me grief and i’m still never happy with how they sit on my drums

yo, try doing shorter warps, it seems to work better for me, in ableton at least?

the whole tune is a lot of info for the computer to process and warp

that’s odd, i’d think it will be as easy as working on the original’s tempo.
what works for me is to work with for example 16bar section of acapella and stretch that to fit, then use that ratio/warp whatever for the rest, i usually find the transients on the first word of the verse/whatever and go from there

why use accapellas when u can just be the kind of girl that puts dub on the track

4 Likes

i usually chop all vocals up…into like verse/chorus size chunks…then if I’m still not happy with the way individual words sit on the beats I chop them up into smaller chunks and move them about…there used to be this software called recycle i used to use that would chop every word into individual samples then create a program for my sampler with all the samples spanned across the keyboard which saved a lot of time.

Sometimes the vocalist just gets it wrong and no amount of timestretching/moving the whole stem will fix it, so you sometimes have to cut out individual words and move them manually

like you can take another sample from the song and then make a scale in a synth that works

two similar scales can even go together often, eventhough they dont entirely sync harmonically

this is what most singers are - like a bit of tune

unless you are aretha franklin

1 BigUp

Sometimes you need to think about pickup notes; like vocals don’t always start on the one.

1 BigUp

Hello guys,

i didnt want to start a thread just for this but does anyone know where i can get the acapella for lil uzi vert - xo tour life ??

i can only find one link from the american amazon site and it won’t let me buy it…

bit funny it’s been so tough to track down…

cheers in advance if any ninjas can help out :slight_smile:

try silkroad

1 BigUp

I tried my ninjagooglery to try and find it, no luck.

Search:

-inurl:(htm|html|php) intitle:“index of” +“last modified” +“parent directory” +description +size +(wma|mp3|wav|aiff) “tour life” “uzi”

Even a modified search only turned up instrumentals and not acapellas.

-inurl:(htm|html|php) intitle:“index of” “tour life” “uzi”

If u can get the instrumental Incan do a phase inversion acapella.

Sing it urself imo

1 BigUp

Thanks you lot - Lloyd noise !!

I’ll have a look for the instrumental that ain’t a you hobo rip samuel, have heard about that phase inversion for years never tried it, take it you have !

Cheers ! Where’d you learn to talk that lingo ?? Seems like some advanced interneting :-p

Picked it up as a way to find mp3s actually.

hahaha the chipmunk classic, but yeah I’ll try this sometimes.