Wen - Senary Cycles EP [Soundman Chronicles]

if this was audible on the testpress, it’s the label’s fault.
if not, it’s most likely the plant’s fault who should assume responsibility and cover the damages.

but tbh I’ll still play it out and all because it’s not that big of a deal.

Finally got round to giving this a proper listen (vinyl came yesterday). Its definitely Wens best work to date.

His Commotion EP was excellent but after that everything seemed to have the same formula and the grime samples not only became a trademark for Wens tunes but they seemed to rely on them heavily to keep the track interesting. I began to think his tunes were not only getting boring because it was the same sort of formula but boring because without the samples they were average tunes/not very interesting. I thought he needed to ditch the samples and concentrate more on getting a solid tune built.

He didn’t ditch the vocal samples but he has absolutely upped his game with this release. I’m glad in hindsight he didn’t ditch the vocal samples cause they work really well with these tunes and most importantly they compliment the tunes instead of the tune relying on them to inject something interesting. Some of the tunes seemed like they were on more of a techno-y tip like something you’d hear on Cold or Mistry.

Sick release.