What are some artists (electronic or otherwise) who's

I’ve been sleeping on Gantz a bit, but that dude’s fucking nuts. Is he even human? He’s thoroughly mind-blowing.

Madlib

ahahaha, God dammit

Imo nirvana, while they used to be unique have been cloned by many bands now (obviously the vocalist sounds unique but I mean most do so I find that hard to be a qualifier of “uniqueness”) maybe this is just cuz o strongly dislike them

Doesn’t the fact that vocalists are distinguishable from one another make a perfect quantifier for uniqueness?

1 BigUp

Vex’d

1 BigUp

The Velvet Underground and The Doors

Well in general people sound different from each other. It’s much more difficult for 2 guitars playing the same chord to sound different than 2 singers to.

I the time I was most impressed with a bands uniqueness was with porcupine tree. There was a song on the radio I has never heard before, it was at like the bridge, no vocals, and I was like this sounds like porcupine tree. Pull out shazam and hey its a porcupine tree song I’ve never heard before.

DJ Wanka definitely has a recognizable sound

1 BigUp

Uniqueness isn’t about difficulty, or “hardness” though. Just about observing a difference.

I guess what I’m sucking at explaining is that I feel having a different vocalist is kind of a cheap way out, because even if they’re singing the exact same thing it sounds different where as having a unique musicality is something much different and harder to achieve. There are so many artists that make the same kind of sound but are different because of their singers. There are few bands that make a unique sound.

Even some of my favorite weird bands don’t have that unique of a sound and I can find 20 other bands that do the same thing. With My top 3 bands, despite all my searching, I cannot find anything that is like them.

coki
cotti
flying lotus

daft punk, plaid, autechre, noisia(kinda), isan
bands i dunno maybe cause of the vocals like ashram or antony and the johnsons or like guns and roses

gtfo with ur genres. I swear all of these fuckboy sonnika/dnasci/boy ina boy brostep types have this fixation with genres?? its like their relationship with music is yet to develop namsayin

and “sex whales??” lmao is that a thing?

other than tokyo sexwale of course

Probably classically trained.

Not really. For example my favorite band is called Toe. They’re an instrumental “Math Rock” band but you can not find anything that has as much emotion among other things into what they make. Or Gantz. I find a lot of dubstep to sound fairly similar but his stuff is just way different while still being dubstep.