What are some artists (electronic or otherwise) who's

Music you recognize immediately. Not because you know them but because their style is very recognizable. For me, besides a couple odd bands there’s: Tool. I mean their unique sound and such is very easy to pick out.

Electronic wise I would probably say Gantz. His percussion is just so aggressive in the majority of songs I’ve listened to by him and it’s amazing.

1 BigUp

In terms of electronic stuff, I recognize these artists by various things, whether its a drum sample they always use or a texture threir tunes tend to have: Barely Alive, Zomboy, Kill The Noise, Skrillex, Kill The Noise, Feed Me, Koan Sound, Wolfgang Gartner, Snails (lol), Laxx.

then again, this is a lot fo what I listen to so maybe its not as distinct/obvious as I think.

As for deeper stuff, I’m not so sure. I think Kromestar has a pretty distinct overall sound.

Oh yeah koan is pretty recognizable with their bass sound. Forgot about them.

1 BigUp

I’d gotta say Tobu. Those plucks get me everytime <3

bonobo

1 BigUp

I’d say mala

1 BigUp

Timbo - ½ a bar in

Aphex note choice and chord structure is immediately recognizable

just blaze - soul vocals pitched up a third and super gated drums (unless its one of kanyes old beats where he sounds exactly like a very good attempt at one of just blazes poorer beats :wink:

swiss beats - for his keyboard sound

premo - for the way it loops (dont need to hear another in this lifetime tho)

havoc -drum groove + drum sound + the way it loops

2 Likes

Dj Mustard is also very recognisable

1 BigUp

Rza

1 BigUp

Boards of Canada. Their music lives in my bones, I know it a mile away.

1 BigUp

yes he has a particular way with melodies. even on the tracks/projects where he pretends to be someone else it’s obviously him from melodic and chordal structure (e.g. Bradley Strider, The Tuss)

1 BigUp

Hey, I like you !

Bogdan Raczynski has it too

1 BigUp

I need to check out more Bogdan Raczynski, I only know samurai math beats

1 BigUp

his first one called - boku something something is great and similar to math beats

then there’s
i wil eat your children too
that is kind of breakcore

and theres
i love u (or something close to that)
which is a completely chilled affair where he recorded himself playing flutes and stuff (its gorgeous)

but then he kind of fell off around ca 2000 imo

1 BigUp

Reso because of his atmospheric drum and bass songs like Taiga. Feel like i could recognize those beautiful sounds anywhere but who knows. There might be more artists very similar to him. I havent heard them yet.

I know Crywolf when i hear him. Mixture of dubstep and vocals about love.

forgot to mention i checked out i love u, which you’re right is absolutely gorgeous stuff, much different. haven’t been in a breakcore mood for a while but i’ll check out i will eat your children too

1 BigUp

Another I completely forgot is Burial. He’s practically his own genre that I don’t think you could replicate

2 Likes

Benga, Coki, Loefah, D1, Distance, El-B, Vex’d & Silkie for the most part

kahn. dont even have to wait for “yes iyah”

1 BigUp

I love how Gantz is different. with his tunes his bringing out some of the Istanbul culture(sound) into his tunes, which is amazing to know he’s very proud about his culture.