Where can i find Midnight Request Line VIP?

I thought dubstep was the subgenre of electronic and grime was a subgenre of dubstep. People call grime dubstep a lot.

No, skream made it, nobody thought much of it, then a year later, grime heads started banging it out.

Which people?

Oh yeah, I meant Skream originally made MRL into a grime track before changing it. Still got massive reception from all scenes then.

Iā€™m pretty sure it was released because of the love it got from grime, wouldnā€™t have made much sense to go and change it imo.

People on skream, benga, etc. videos call that stuff dubstep. Garage is called dubstep. Two-step is too. I know grime was called dubstep before but i just assumed that people implied that garage and two-step were dubstep. I see the words closely together a lot. I thought. Electronic
^Dubstep
^Garage,two step, grime, other stuff

Think I know what Doctor Dave is referring to

Remember reading/watching an interview fairly recently with someone saying that MRL was originally made under his Mr Keas alias, will have a look round for it

garage is not called dubstep, garage is garage
dubstep and grime both came from dark garage stuff like el-b and horsepower, around a similar time. grime slightly before dubstep
grime did not come from dubstep

3 Likes

I would sig this if we had sigs lol

How much step would a dubstep step if a dubstep could step dub tho?

Thank, iā€™ll try

thank :smiley:

just dubstep

there is no real subgenre, thatā€™s just oldschool dubstep

People on an el-b song keep arguing over if its dubsteo or garage. So confusing.

Thatā€™s not a big deal anyway.
Genre are cool when you want to define the feeling of a track.
But if you donā€™t know wich genre it is, just put it into both.

wot do u call it

1 BigUp

nah the grime scene came before dubstep but dubstep itself came before grime as sort of b sides to garage tunes back in the late 90s from producers like dub war and groove chronicles, before really distancing itself from garage in 2002 and introducing the half-step beat slightly late in around 2004ish.

1 BigUp

guys we all know dubstep was created when two robots were having sex and one fingered the other and found his dads wedding ring

1 BigUp

tbf

3 Likes