Where do you think dubstep is going?

Festivals have always been festivals. There’s a lot of shit that goes on in the underground in the cities which are more numerous than the UK and separated by large distances.

Just because you didn’t read about it in Resident Advisor…

main-qimg-3d5833cae7557bb866e2a726842d922c

1 BigUp

^^^^Also between Texas and California there’s a helluva lot more open space between cities.

Make Dubstep viable, lol.

bruh i’ve never read RA.
like i said, on a per capita basis, if american and european audiences were similar, one would expect america’s contribution to the genre to dwarf that of europe’s.

go back and look at the old forum. see how many americans pop up in european event threads begging for something similar in their state/town/country.

how many does china have?

is it really a surprise that a genre that was born and developed in a country has more sustained popularity in that country than in other countries?

bitter nationalism is ultimately pointless and it just breeds more bitter nationalism

@111 Now you’re misunderstanding me. I never said the audiences were similar or the same, I said it’s better than it has been in the past.

Also the US has never had a deeply-held dub sound system culture in the same way UK has, Jamaican/West Indies immigrants tended to go to the UK not the US, so sound systems IN GENERAL are fewer between in US.

My statement was directed at @111 again I’m not saying that dub sound system doesn’t exist in US, I’m just saying it isn’t as integrated into music culture as i perceive it to be in the UK (though I could be wrong, I mean there’s a weekly dub night here in LA that’s going twenty years strong but it’s the ONLY one lol)

Yeh, that wasn’t necessarily directed at you but I was riffin’ off of what you said. There are 1,000,000 Jamaicans in the US but they are scattered.

1 BigUp

zero i expect considering the state of their civil rights and internet access. not really a fair comparison but you know this.

think it’s fairer (or at least more palatable to me) to call me a daftkunt than a nationalist. i’m all for a bit of kernow nationalism but i hold no significant love for britain as a whole, especially in 2018. please don’t brand me a nationalist based on some off-hand comments about a music genre.

dunno what skrillex at glasto means. mainstream artists get booked for mainstream festivals.

again, i’ve no hate for american heads. none at all. but youtubestep ruined this shit, and that’s an american phenomenon.
rusko moved to america for a reason.

1 BigUp

wut, china has a p sick underground music scene including dubestep nights

2 Likes

they also eat dogs and cats though so they’re hardly up to speed with things are they

the food in the uk isnt much better ime :badteeth:

2 Likes

on top of all the other issues, I’ve never understood this train of logic:

A + B = !A

“real” dubstep + youtubestep = “real” dubstep is now “ruined”

that’s really the heart of the matter, this “greivance” makes no sense on any level and it never did

unless there was some pre-existing hipster complex where you’re just waiting with anticipation for the genre you like to become uncool so you can deride the people who “ruined it”

personally, i enjoy liking the things i like, not hating them

no dude, it’s a real thing.
since datsik, excision etc, the meaning of the word “dubstep” changed in the public’s mind.

once i was proud to say “yeah we release dubstep” or “yeah i DJ dubstep”
now if someone asks I say “reggae and dub” because it’s less shameful. i don’t want to be associated with this shit that should be called brostep.

it’s not about being a hipster, it’s about having youtube ■■■■■ come along and hijack your shit.

fully behind this man. i wouldn’t be chatting all this seemingly hate filled stuff if it weren’t an interesting discussion to me.
call it a dubstep post mortem. cos let’s face it, there’s not many new heads coming in to the genre.

1 BigUp

They’ve also put a spacecraft on the moon unlike the UK.

During the 1960s and 1970s, a number of efforts were made to develop a British satellite launch capability. A British rocket named Black Arrow did succeed in placing a single British satellite, Prospero, into orbit from a launch site in Australia in 1971. Prospero remains the only British satellite to be put into orbit using a British vehicle. The British National Space Centre was established in 1985 to co-ordinate British government agencies and other interested bodies in the promotion of British participation in the international market for satellite launches, satellite construction and other space endeavours.

i built a helicopter in kerbal space program and then put that shit on to mars so don’t talk to me about british space flight achievements sonny jim

1 BigUp

What do you even know about orbiting sound systems?

1 BigUp

space is a vacuum so there would really be little point in orbiting a sound system

any half decent rig would be quite a payload as well thinking about it

also americans only got to the moon because of nazis
probably the same with china as well but i’m not informed enough

1 BigUp

What do you think about these speakers?

:badteeth:

Also, what are you doing up at 6:30 am arguing about dubstep?

1 BigUp