You're on a desert (studio) island, you're allowed 5 plugins

Ok…

After sailing to your next gig your ship capsizes and leaves you stranded on a nearby island, luckily for you not only is there plenty of food but there’s a generator and a studio complete with monitors, computer, DAW & softsynths.

The bad news… You only have the stock plugins from the DAW installed and no outboard gear.

The good news… After rubbing a washed up magic lamp, a producer genie appears and grants you 5 plugins for this setup to keep you entertained until your rescue. What 5 do you choose? and why?

My 5:-

1. Fab-filter pro-Q 2 - 24 bands of highly flexible EQ, M/S, L/R, it has pretty much anything you could ask for from a digital EQ

2. Lexicon Reverb - A great collection of huge hall reverbs, more subtle room for vocals and instruments and very tight plates for when you want the slightest of diffusion, lush!

3. The Glue / (most ssl emulators) - Everyone knows the SSL and it works so well (especially for buss processing!) slap it on and be happy :slight_smile:

4. Izotope Exciter - This is so powerful when you take the time to build a sound up. This doesn’t give you “balls to the wall distortion” but a subtle harmonic lift. Not only that but 4 EQ bands of processing, multiple emulations (diode, triode, tube etc) which allows you to build up exactly the sound you want. Very great for stacking too to get a nice thick sound.

5. XFER Records (Lfo Tool) - this is simply an lfo that you can assign to either volume or a filter (and a few other parameters). Quickly taking flat drones or boring sounds and giving them rhythmic excitement. Hours of fun!

Phew… oh look a rescue ship has just arrived, hoorah!

1 BigUp

I think capsizing would be slightly more distressing than this lmao…

1 BigUp

It isn’t as bad as it sounds, it was a small boat and on a very nice day :slight_smile:

Time to fess up, you know you were bugging the captain, trying to get him to tie an lfo to the steering while modulating the engine for those sick wobs. They marooned you to keep the other passengers safe, didn’t they…

1 BigUp

reverb drones until the coconuts fall down, offering sustenance

What Lexicon reverb plugin do you have?

PCM Native

@knobgoblin - Ok! you caught me :wink:

1 BigUp

Definitely CEDAR Audio Adaptive Limiter. Because this will be the only time I have a chance to try a software plugin that costs over 3000 dollars.

I’d also ask for “the best audio plugin in the world”, just to see what’s his pick (he’d probably bring me Sausage Fattener or some shit to settle the score however).

1 BigUp

sausage 4 me

Probably Reaktor so I could build a raft to get off of the island.

1 BigUp

I’d probably just ask for a copy of reason and reaper

He might tell me to fk off tho