100bpm Contest Nov 2016 (DAMNSON EDITION) - winner announced

Be careful or I’ll suggest a dedicated subthread again. :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

I enter in just about every one that I can. It’s pretty much the only music I’ve been making lately unfortunately. Honestly I feel like just a list of people to tag would be good enough. A full on dedicated thread could get very bogged down. Especially with how this forum works, it would be difficult to keep track of which competition is going on. And if a new person wants to join in it could get confusing to scroll through. If like the 2-3 people who are usually in these just made a list it would probably work out well.
And then if someone wants to join in they can just ask to be added.

I think me ronzlo and jrkhands are in most of these comps. I could make a file of people to @

Would be cool if we were given privileges to tag more than 10 people or whatever.

Then there is always the almighty @ everyone

2 Likes

I forgot about this, but maybe the @moderators could add constrained versions of this for each of the subforums?
So for a competition you could just hit “everyone_production” for instance, and it would notify all the people who’ve posted in production?

1 BigUp

That would be pretty awesome. That might still be overkill. So again something like @everyone_comp would be nice and then just add a notation like “to get added to this tag please pm x”

1 BigUp

As long as I never get an @everyone_production spam… :spam:

VOTING IN OP!!!1

1 BigUp

Shit man the Sam mix is good

Goddamit you talented assholes. Way to crush a contest with only two people. :surprised:

Intro/Kwenda/Kurudi - did this motherfucker just foist an EP on us in 5 minutes? LOL. No matter what you call it there’s some very interesting ground being covered here (esp. dug Kwenda section) that warrants being developed further imo.

Sam - right out the gate just bumps. Arrangement is great, moves along without any clutter and only doing what’s needed. Overall mix is a bit raw but that’s irrelevant to the quality of the tune itself.

(Secretly glad I didn’t do this one :cry:)

2 Likes

I know I was really impressed with both entries. It’s really hard to pick a favorite.
Would love to see intro/kwenda/kurudi finished into like short EP thingy it’s got some awesome spine tigling vibes.
The Sam track has a fantastic beat and progression and would love to hear it in a dancehall mix of sorts.

2 Likes

Bump… We need more votes guys

Bumping again. Poll and songs are in the OP

@Samuel_L_Damnson when does voting close?

Forgot to say. Shall we say like Friday 12 midnight?

Man these threads never stay near the top of the forum

2 Likes

Sam’s obviously put in more time, lots of variation, sounds even ethnic at times
but Rack’em’s got a nice break in the middle.

Ended up with a pretty decent amount of votes.Shoulda been way closer tho imo

Yea I’ll like close this up for now

U guys did fantastic jobs tho

lol yeah was neck and neck at the start then i got spanked again

big up tolsof, ur tune was fly, particularly the last section

1 BigUp

Thanks man yours was great too. Could definitely see that being played at a club.

I’ll get to work on the next pack… Hopefully we get some more entries

Also would be great if we could get that one pinned @jrkhnds :wink:

1 BigUp