100BPM v2017 Sample Pack Comp (NOW - 28th)

True. Maybe another thing like the 10 second song. Or maybe only have 1 day to make a song. Something to really push our creative ness.
Tbh the sample pack comps aren’t a “challenge” for me anymore cuz it’s basically the only way I’ve been making songs now. Neither is the 100bpm because, again, Ive been making most of my songs around there recently.
(I don’t mean to sound like I’m good at it, just that I’m comfortable with the set up)

We need something that actually breaks how we think about making a song.

1 BigUp

Like if we did a psytrance tune battle I’m sure no one would have a leg up

2 Likes

Also thnx man :wink:

Secretly I spend 12 hours a day making psytrance. 15 hours a day on LSD

2 Likes

YES! Let’s pick the shittiest most b8 genre and go from there.

Hardstep Challenge
Yoifilth Hoedown
Trancenanigans :tm:
Polka Hop Extravaganza

etc etc

:thinking:

I mean, if it’s about challenging personal boundaries…

I’d love to do a happy harcore one. That would be hilarious

Also think the Tuna thread is where the real dons hang. Want to cross-pollinate between this and that a little more.

I’m honestly shamed when I think about how hard you regulars over there actually try to keep yourself on point through rigorous discipline.

The tuna guys are all fantastic and V talented

I can never keep up tbh I’m a slacker

1 BigUp

Yeah I wish I had the time to stick around there but I’m already doing too much. And I felt bad I never had the time to listen to everyone’s tunes

1 BigUp

Oh good so I’m not alone there lol.

All respect to the Tuna massive.

May we merely follow in their footsteps (vootshtopz?)

Let’s wrap up here for now (still only one submission? If so… :crybaby:)

Let’s pick up @

Yeah it’s just me and cyclopian

1 BigUp

@dansci was just looking for a b̶e̶a̶t̶d̶o̶w̶n̶ challenge in Random Thoughts… :badteeth:

https://community.dsf.ninja/t/post-your-random-thoughts-2-0/111/9949?source_topic_id=9527

Dansci, can you crank out a hunnit bpm tune in 24 hours with the pack at the top?

EDIT: nvm

There’s already a voting thread for this one lol

actual pic of ronzlo

2 Likes

Hello bois!

I know im a bit late, i just found this thread last night and i wanted to contribute

Im chuckin this in https://soundcloud.com/steffen-svendsen/weakbassfail

No mastered or mixed very well but hey it was good fun !

1 BigUp

Wanted to take part but was on vacation last week and missed the submission deadline.
Since I’m new and can’t PM yet I’ll just drop it here

1 BigUp

james! glad to see you here man, I’ll bump up your user privileges so you can PM in the future.

2 Likes

Thanks man! I had to scratch the production itch and went looking for a sample competition, somehow landed here.

There’s another comp going on here

Sorry you missed the deadline, I’ll take a listen in the morning