Any of the dsf producers from the old days still active?

haha that guy was funny. is helix actually big though? didn’t he just get lucky with one track on night slugs?
i can’t remember if it was AIM or MSN, this was years ago, but he used to harass me for trading tunes too. my tunes are joke tunes and i didn’t feel any of his so i just always ignored him.

2 Likes

wat was your artist name?

He does alright. Never been to one of his nights here, but MoMA PS1 have booked him a couple of times. But then there’re also people on the bills whose gigs I have been to who struggle to pull more than 20 people.

…misk. :badteeth:

haven’t done anything proper with that name for a while. Got turned on to ‘trap’ with early pelican fly shit, and saw the potential for an evolution in early dubstep (space pace, bass ting)—3 years, many releases and a dj snake later, I was sorely mistaken, and rather disappointed in humanity.

got another focus atm, with a new name, but not just gonna shit out tunes every day this time—sitting on 'em until i have the space to know which are actually decent—and doing library shit for tv/the man.

1 BigUp

ran into mr Beau Thigpen (helix) a few years ago when we happened to be playing separate nights in SFO— haha i taught that kid too much about renoise on aim back in the day, but they don’t hand out gold stars for that shit!

He’s a good guy, tho. not on the internet, but a good kid

I’m alive, miss the old board.

1 BigUp