Any of the dsf producers from the old days still active?

i’m around :slightly_smiling:

DSF always had a pretty dope community, and most other forums suck

there are exceptions, but probably true tbf

https://www.dubstepforum.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=92518

I used to post on the old production forum. Uploading samples and attempting to give tips etc. Still making music but not really online as much these days but still pop in when I am. AxeD is still posting in the snh too. He is more techno oriented though and I see him on Subsekt which is a really nice techno community. Lengend4ry stopped making dubstep last I had heard on his show but he was doing things under the name Just Another Alias. Not sure if he’s on this new site though.

I’ll never forget ChadDub’s hair or his Highway to The Danger Zone video.

Helix was in the thousands too, iirc.
Dunno if you’d say he’s big though. Which is funny because I remember him “quitting” a short while after stacks started getting around. First time I ever spoke to him was weird, he added me on aim and was tryna ask for tunes for a mix and said he’d swap but then said that the stuff I wanted from him was too exclusive…

2 Likes

hi wormcode :mrgreen:

Where’s DiegoSapiens??

He doesn’t like this version of dsf very much lol

Sully / Sparrow / J.Tijn / Rusko / Pangaea / Ruckspin / High Rankin to name a few

lol thats such a dick move man
i remember this guy, not gonna name any names but he used to always post on /mu/ in soundcloud threads back when i did, used to talk to him a bit on there/twitter. while later he makes ONE good tune that kinda blew up and then I asked him for it before it was released and he literally said ’ you’ll have to buy it when it comes out '
i was like lol? unfollowed him after that, people get too big for their boots so easily in our scene swear down fam

3 Likes

Yea it was you asking for ur own tunes

1 BigUp

obv man my dubs are so exclusive even i cant have em

4 Likes

lol

its all about individuals in my experience tbh

we had this label that only had one or two releases but were immediately put on this dub trading mailing list and would get digital dubs from everybody and could just order physical dubs if we were dejays
(i guess they must have assumed we were )

1 BigUp

lol what thats mad, did u order any physical ones?

no which was dumb but we were so psyched about getting to listen before they were released

1 BigUp

Do you play out or on radio etc?

i was doing alright with 808s before trap became a thing. stuff on 1xtra, people paying for my flights to play in their city, a few SXSWs. Wasn’t being true to myself tho, and the culture of chasing success was a real turn-off.

guess that’s why I moved to south america for a while—to reassess. deffo a good move

1 BigUp

nah i dont but its not like i was asking mala for dubs

3 Likes

hahaaa i get what you’re saying man.

hi!

:o