Anyone got a degree in music production?

Currently studying first year of sound engineering

did a 2year BTEC for a laugh, more recording/mixing/mastering - got my a job in a studio which was nice

If you wanna spend a crap load of money on learning shit youā€™ll pick up on your own anyway if youā€™re dedicated to it, then sure. Iā€™d say youā€™d only need to do a degree in music production if youā€™re fairly young, pretty rich, and/or wanna get a job in the industry as some kind of techy.

If your main plan is to produce music, just produce music.

How is it?

How do you make a sound in Massive?

5 Likes

You want to make a trap kick, or ā€˜808ā€™ as some of the trappiest trappy trap producers have taken to calling it?

Fine sauces

how can i sound like skrillex?

1 BigUp

itā€™s actually ā€œhow maek skrillex base?ā€

2 Likes

i dnwoloaded massive

2 Likes

Donā€™t take it to heart. People just teasin.

Around 2011-2013 there were thousands of people were signing up to the forum to ask how to sound like skrillex, to a forum of people who really (REALLY) didnā€™t like brostep.

1 BigUp

pm me some poetry of yours, nothing homo though

Iā€™ve just started product design, very interested in this but with the amount of time Iā€™ve been spending making beats recently I did think to myself maybe Iā€™d be better off on a course thats nearer to something musical but Iā€™ve come to the conclusion Iā€™d prefer just to keep it as a hobby so I donā€™t end up associating it with work or whatever lol.

Without attempting to sound like an uber PC dickā€¦the whole ā€œnothing homoā€ makes me wary to send anything. As Im not sure what that could possibly mean.

I am about four tracks deep into a spoken word poetry album. If you like Ill put you on my mailing list of those who want reminded of when it drops.

Means jaydots not 100% secure in his sexuality.

2 Likes

Ah. Well, as its mostly hardcore gay BDSM good thing I didnā€™t send anythingā€¦

1 BigUp

Chuck us on your list :smile:

Also here

A friend of mine started that earlier this year, they just put out number 2, and are always looking for submissions.

1 BigUp

BIMM is over-rated. Go to Northbrook. Their new music studios are actually amazing. Iā€™ve studied there and worked there and itā€™s def worth it.

https://www.northbrook.ac.uk/departments/musicandmusictechnology/