Baddest Bashment Riddims

FYAH BUN

Your favourite tunes, your favourite riddims. Post 'em!
Format:
Artist - Name (Riddim)

Tenor Saw - Ring The Alarm (Stalag)
All-time favourtie. Unstoppable Tenor Saw on this fresh relick of a roots classic.

Wayne Smith - Sleng Teng (Sleng Teng)
The obvious one. This tune started the digital revolution in dancehall, rocking the Casio to the max.

Bounty Killa - Souicide Or Murder (Sirens)
UK Hardcore aesthetics mixed up with this style. Guaranteed to class up any dance!

Cutty Ranks - A Who Seh Me Dun (Bam Bam)
Everyone knows this intro. Good thing the tune is even better. Badman riddim!

Chaka Demus & Pliers - Murder She Wrote (Bam Bam)
The OG Bam Bam slammer. Can’t contest with the sweet tease of these vocals.

Mr. Vegas - Key Hole (Punaany)
Not the obvious choice when it comes to the infamous ‘Punaany’ track. Admiral Bayley’s OG delivery was never bested, even though Beenie Man’s anthemic ‘Girls Dem Sugar’ certainly doesn’t lack in energy. However, Mr. Vegas’ rendition is bursting with that lazy, sleazy swagger we all know and love.

Capleton - Who Dem (Bellyas)
“I might not agree with the political views of the next record. However, it’s a banger.”
-Om Unit

Wayne Wonder - Searching Dem Searching (Showtime)
Not much to say about this one. Top-a-top deejay over one of the fiercest riddims about. Heavily underappreciated!

Baby Cham feat. O - Tun Up (Tun Up Tun Up)
The most recent riddim in this list - boy does it tun up… Out to man like Low Jack for putting me onto this.

These are some of mine. A couple of obvious choices in there, but I hope some of you were lucky enough to discover something new!
Now, share yours!

3 Likes

i remember those days when hell was ma hooome

mate your formatting game is so weak, I’m not sure you’re allowed in this thread any longer.

Baby Cham is such a boss doe.

:hear_no_evil: :japanese_goblin:

boom

I guess I have a theme tonight.

Lady Saw - Sloppy in Bed.

The only link to audio I can find is on amazon…

http://www.amazon.com/Sloppy-In-A-Bed/dp/B004K2N9IO

And on the Lady Saw vibe…

dub and 80s dancehall are my favorite but i’ve been meaning to get more into post sleng teng stuff, there’s just so much…

capleton- final assassin (street sweeper)

ghost- come back again (acid hall)

anthony red rose- tempo (tempo)

elephant man- fuck off (bad belly)

2 Likes

Nuh shock up.

is new dancehall acceptable on this thread??

arctic riddim is one of my favorite recent ones, sorry about the video thumbnail lol.

vybz kartel is still pumping out bangers

a year old but i love this riddim too

anyone have good radio shows/mixes for dancehall? usually rely on murlo on nts and dancehall report on deja vu fm and the heatwave when they do shows.

seeing king addie’s tonight, i’ve never seen a proper sound system before and i’m hyped!!

Anyone got any tunes similar to this instrumental/vibe wise?

Ended up down a deep discogs well over the weekend and came out with a bunch of dancehall. Few of em the ones in here by pure coincidence.

:mrgreen::badteeth:

1 BigUp