Best Desktop for Music Production?

Hey Users of DSF. I recently decided to upgrade my computer, but, not being a cpu specs kinda guy, I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for a good quality desktop for under $800? Thanks bros.

This

Sorry, youā€™ll probably get a legitimate response soon, but I just had to get that out of my system.

3 Likes

Haha lol ok

Iā€™d recommend looking trough gearslutz for similar questions / posts, it has a ton!

1 BigUp

Id bulit my own with little to no knowledge. Worked out great.

Id recommend going to a ā€œmom and popā€ computer place and getting one built, unless you can up your budget to something top end or a mac.

The convential wisdom says the best processor you can afford. At least 6 gigs of RAM on a Windows machine.

Thanks bro, Iā€™ll check it out

dunno, itā€™s not about the quality, itā€™s how you use it, as long as you have enough ram, processing speed, hardspace and good soundcards, you should be good to go.

Unless you buy a shit computer with components that fail in a year or soā€¦so yea it is kinda about qualityā€¦

1 BigUp

My mateā€™s made some decent tunes on an old, shit computerā€¦

Yeah but Iā€™m going to audio engineering school next year and a shit computer just wonā€™t cut it

It doesnā€™t have to be shit, but it doesnā€™t have to be the best laptop or computer in the world.

Never said it did

ā€œas long as you have enough ram, processing speed, hardspace and good soundcards, you should be good to go.ā€

1 BigUp

Which requires a really good computerā€¦

not really good, but good if Iā€™m honest. Build the computer yourself is what I say.

No. I need a really good computer for this. If you think a ā€˜goodā€™ computer is enough, go onto oiart.org and look at the shit we have to do.

donā€™t worry about it it will all work out it will all work out in the end https://media4.giphy.com/media/JwNPAckJDiPsI/200_s.gif

everyone loves this quasi myth about making bangers with shit equipmentā€¦but the truth is if you have the dosh why not invest in your hobby or profession? It only makes things easier when you have decent equipment to work withā€¦besidesā€¦most tnucs are just going to fuck away the savings on drugs, booze, women. and five dollar coffesā€¦

3 Likes

I like to save money.

I donā€™t have to, so Iā€™m wondering if anyone can suggest a computer and NOT tell me that a shit one will do

3 Likes