Cha3bi thread

My Playlist is getting polluted so Iโ€™m gonna start posting the good ones here

Great oud solo in the first song, second half was awesome. Kid at the end is really feeling it lol

Also the drummer a few minutes in just on his phone is great.

2 Likes

One of my favorites. Love this style, sounds kinda bluesy. Also the dude dancing like a loon lol

2 Likes

This oneโ€™s vibes

Theyโ€™re pushing 180bpm by the end jeez

nice 1โ€ฆ

The first 5 and a half minutes of this one is such a vibe. The violin after is a different song maybe, Iโ€™m not sure.

Different group this time lol. Been posting all the same one mostly

I love the violin drone during the oud solo a few minutes in. The violin solo is beautiful, really haunting melody. I wonder what scale this is. Also the oud comping is pretty great.

Also Iโ€™m pretty sure these arenโ€™t โ€˜solosโ€™, but are called โ€˜taqsimโ€™ and are more like an intro to the next song.

Second song does a great job showcasing the cross rhythm, with the chorus leaning heavy on the 2 down beats, so itโ€™s hard to feel the 3, while during the verses itโ€™s easier to feel the 3.

Great trance section at the end as always

1 BigUp

Cha3bi rhyme with Habibi!

1 BigUp

Wasnโ€™t a huge fan of the first song on this one, but the oud solo is absolutely vibing. Super bluesy feel to it. Then they pull out the electric guitar and the crowd goes nuts lol

Starts at 7:46

They uploaded just the solos

Aw shit itโ€™s just the oud solo. Definitely worth a listen, itโ€™s such a vibe

Damn I guess one of the chaabi channels got a YouTube partnership or whatever award

Great instrumental chaabi.

I know the singing can be a bit hard to get into so this is pretty chill.

I canโ€™t get over the trance sections at the ends of these performances. Some of them last 10+ minutes. They play crazy fast (upwards of 180bpm), and will sometimes chant various phrases the whole time.
Plus the crowd claps along, with some really crazy patterns.

1 BigUp

Thereโ€™s been a break in the chaabi content (Iโ€™m guessing Ramadan?), first upload in awhile is pretty solid

Hereโ€™s a really good explanation of the chaabi beat, donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve posted it before