Classic "Take a Photo of Your Set-Up" dj playmobiledisco

ffs

shakey noob pics, sorry :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Got enough knives there hubb lol

2 Likes

How do you like the new electribe? I have the ESX-1

Both the new electribes are top notch…the 4 bar limitation is a bit whack…butnbeing able to export loops to audio makes up for it. Also the pattern set performance mode is pretty great. I have owned many of the electribes and these 2 are in the spirit of those. The synth engine has fantastic sheen to it.

Yeah pretty much what Fragments said. I wish I could sequence more than 4 bars, and I was also a little upset to learn that you can only use reverb as a master effect. And I have mine MIDI synced to ableton and the audio running into the mixer and then into my saffire 6, so if I’m using a bass sound from the electribe while using like a higher frequency sound there’s no way for me to put reverb on just the higher sound =( but it is super inspiring and fun to just have a jam on it.

Still trying to figure out how to get the clock from ableton to run through the electribe and reach the 404 as well. If anyone knows how to do that, they should tell me.

I should also ad that the 4 bar limitation doesn’t upset me that much because since I have it synced with ableton, I just set up a bunch of midi tracks for the corresponding channels on the electribe and can sequence the midi data in ableton as long as I want to. But if you’re using the electribe by itself, then it sucks.

Check out a MIDI thru box, or if the SP404 has a MIDI thru you could put the electribe at the end of the chain.

To get around the 4 bar limit, I only use four patches on the E2, then recreate the patches on the next set of four pads, but use a different pattern. Then I can mute and unmute to change melody, bassline, etc.

Also you can use pattern sets, which is kinda like pattern/clip launching. There is also the performance recorder, but I havent looked into if you can loop a recorded performance.

Work arounds arent always ideal, but you never kniw what you will come up with.

When working with other hardware, the 4 bar limitation doesnt feel as limiting, but as an all in one box it could use 8 bars.

Hmm, didn’t know about the 4 bar thing. Really though, even as someone who works outside the box, 8 is pretty overkill. Everytime I set it to 8 I usually make the pattern needlessly more complicated, or feel there’s no point as you can only have x amount of (samples in my case) going at once. The only time I felt I got proper mileage out of it was when I scaled the sequencer in triplets.

Can you still switch and scroll between patterns all quantized and smooth and such? That’s how you really get variation going.

Finally got my computer fixed so I’m trying to decide if I should get newer gear that’s compatible with DAWs or some more synths and a midi box to keep my hardware game going.

The 4 bars isnt even close to a deal breaker for me. Id use more if it were there, but I can get plenty done w 4. I dont know what you mean by scroll through patterns.

Most new hardware out there doesnt have DAW integration that is terribly impressive IMO. Elektron Overbridge is interesting and all the audio over USB, but most of it doesnt seem perfect yet.

I think the way forward is still a hybrid approach beginning with hardware, recording live takes, then pushing the sounds in your DAW. Pretty much a recording studio.

The bassport on those is in the back, prob makes the bass sound wayy too loud being that clsoe to the wall no?

Haven’t hit this one yet so here it goes. Pretty cool actually seeing a lot of you are p legit into it tbh. Big up.

This is a pic of my old setup, still VXT6’s but they were too far away here imo. This is almost Mid-field range imo.

Used to rock the AKAI EIEpro, this is after I moved into my current place. Since then I’ve also moved the desk back off the wall and away from the corner slightly.

New 18i20 - Just upgraded my soundcard last week. Sounds great, got the tables rigged into it as well now.

Reloop RP8000s and Xone23.

5 Likes

Nice setup but what is this ‘p legit’ ‘p [insert word]’ shit I’ve been seeing recently?

1 BigUp

pretty [word]

Just moved back here to study for 6 months, so even though I’ve got my regular gear it’s still kind of ghetto imo. Really looking forward to having a dedicated workspace in the future.

On the picture you can see:
Novation Launchkey 49Mk1
Ableton Push
Roland Quad Capture
Macke MR5MK2
SubPac

I also use IsoAcoustics monitor stands but you can’t really see them.

Fender FSR Deluxe 72. Best analog instrument I have ever owned as of today.

Really nice setup @Databoi :+1:t2:

2 Likes

spotted my setup on your screen lol. Ez :wink:

That’s correct. But there’s multiple settings on them, one of which lowers the low end -2dbs, so it makes up for that. But even with the acoustic foam behind it, you can still notice the sound gets trapped behind my monitors. With my larger screen to the left, it makes the right studio monitor sound louder. So I’m looking into a bigger flat screen TV to put up above on the wall.

Where’s all the ghetto setups? I’m seeing some good gear here but I know there’s some guys out there making fire on broken speakers and shit, don’t be afraid.
If I can find my phone to take a photo then I’ll set the levels for ghetto…my PC case is a modified ammo crate

3 Likes

check my post 111

mine is basically speakers and a monitor

I only have nice things :frowning:

1 BigUp

my dj setup atm. big up Ikea for the cdj ‘stand’ :mrgreen:

5 Likes